This Guy Is Full O’ Baloney!

This Snowy Egret has decided to make himself available for dinnertime every night around 5:30-6:00pm. Bologna is on Ed’s menu every night, and he doesn’t seem to mind that at all!

From VVV.

Comments

1. Such a beautiful bird!

2. ok, i’m really jealous!

3. I’m really jealous of the bird and the temperature! It’s minus nine here this morning! :)

4. I’m loving the black leggies/yellow feets combo.

5. I’m not sure what I love more — the black/yellow combo or the fantastic, Prairie Home Companion-like narration!

6. Hey. Just comin’ ’round to say ‘hey’.

7. I don’t think bologna is good for that bird since it is so processed. We bought bags of smelt and would feed egrets and Wood Storks in our backyard. Even used a smelt to lure an egret in our porch because it had a fishhook in its wing and we had to get it out.

8. 260Oakley says:

Non, je ne egret rien!

9. Excellent, as always!

10. Dog Lover says:

Bi-lingual punnage. I am impressed! :)

11. I agree…don’t think the bologna is good for the bird. I’ve never seen one that is so friendly. They are lovely birds but wreck havoc on backyard fish ponds!

12. me too!

13. Fleurdamour says:

A classic from Eateth Squeeoff!

14. phred's mom says:

Pas mal, Oakster!

15. phred's mom says:

I’m with you. Cold cuts have way
    too much bad stuff, not enough
    meat stuff, esp. for birds.

16. That was my first thought too. I’d probably go with sardines.

17. Aw, shucks! My one year of high-school Frawnch was WAY too long ago (1959, maybe?) for me to be able to translate that. Since I can’t bear to miss one of Oakley’s puns, would someone please ‘splain it for moi? Mercy Buckets!

18. It’s a play on an Edith Piaf (see Fleuramour’s most excellent pun below) standard “Non, je ne regrette rien” which basically translates as “No regrets”.

19. “Non, je ne regrette rien” (I regret nothing) is a song made famous by Edith Piaf.

20. Yeah, I was about to comment on the gorgeous yellow socks / black stockings combo :)

21. Smartypants says:

Oh, good one! I love compound puns.

22. I like the black stockings and yellow shoes.

23. good idea
    did you get the fishhook out of the bird’s wing?

24. cool, I love herons & egrets of all kinds.

25. Ed, you are just awesome. That is all.

26. Nurse Doolittle says:

Processed and also salty and god knows what fillers, coloring agents, and, ew, snouts, cheeks, and anuses. This is the equivalent of feeding her or him potato chips. Something tasty from the baitshop (egret sushi parlor) would be much better.