Sea Otter Action (Updated)

We tried to show you some Sea Otter Mama & Bebeh In The Tide Pool Action from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, but the video was taken down for some reason.

(UPDATE Jan. 28: It’s baaaaaaack.)

Check out these photos from Zooborns, and this video on the MBA Facebookster.

hghghggh

ImageProxy.mvc

ytytyt
Photos by MBA. Also submitted by Maureen P.

Comments

1. sabrina rose says:

These pictures DEFINE cute! Teeny tiny flippers!. Folded paws! Closed sleeping eyes! I am STILL saying Awwwwwwwwwww……..

2. I’m having some sort of religious experience over here over the second pic…

3. that first pic is killing me. I want to snorgle both bellies.

4. Don’t tell me animals don’t have emotions. That is pure love.

5. For me, it’s the third pic…must have eet!!

6. Agreed, PURE LOVE, joy, contentment. The way she’s holding her baby! Would melt an iceberg.

7. kallisto73 says:

Ahm. Dem feets. Are them wooly feets???? Ded!

8. Emmberrann says:

Dem’s definitely wooly feets. Definitely. Now I iz deds.

9. Is that baby wearing fuzzy slippers?

10. DewiCasGwent says:

Clearly all the spolding heads from those unused to the power of pure qte meant the aquarium had to take the video down

11. tommygirl says:

I’m MELTING…!! too cute!

12. Adorbs!!!! Cutest mom-baby duo ever!

13. That is redonk. How can something be so fluffy and float so serenely at the same time. Inconceivable!

14. I never knew otters were so, ummm, floaty. And, once again, mega-props to the David Packard Foundation and Packard family for their continuing support of the MBA. It is a true treasure.

15. I thought the same thing. It looks like the little guy/girl is praying. I’m having some sort of cute freakout over these pics and the video.

16. 260Oakley says:

Thank goodness this clip came on time for me to review before the Oscars. I’m definitely voting for Ms. Otter for Outstanding Peformance in a Supporting Roll.

17. Emmberrann says:

No, dem’s Dem’s definitely wooly feets! Very wooly. Definitely. Wooly.

18. whawhawhatsis says:

I will never forget staying along the mid-California coast once many years ago, and my 10-year-old son and I went down to the beach — where there was a mama sea otter teaching her bebeh to dive not 30 feet offshore from us. The bebeh and my son kept looking at each other with total wonder in their gazes. It was one of the loveliest moments I’ve ever had as a mom, and we can thank Mama Sea Otter and Junior for the experience! They are truly wondrous animals!

There’s also an HD sea otter cam that went live recently at http://www.seaotters.com/live/. Go watch it — they can move the camera around and zoom in to get max sea otter coverage!

19. rocky griffin says:

These photos are devastatingly cute! The second to last is so cute that it doesn’t seem possible!

20. Blue Footed Booby says:

I love the last one. So kissy.