Ultimate Heffalump Photobomb

Psst……folks? Over here.

1654642_651155654944186_557901163_o
You might wanna turn around. Just sayin’.

Elephant Photobomb
From Mail Online.

Comments

1. rocky griffin says:

Looks like they might get nose-grabbed by a pachyderm!

2. Oh come on .. How can you NOT notice them ? hehehe

3. Amazingly enough, this happened to someone I know. He was doing some photography for Ringling Brothers and when he dropped one of his tools, he reached down to pick it up–and a trunk came around in front of him, picked it up, and handed it to him. Yes, there was an elephant behind him and he had no idea she was there. He said he didn’t know which was scarier, that she’d walked up behind him without him noticing, or that something smart enough to realize he’d dropped that tool and might want it back was behind him without him knowing . . .

I like heffalumps, but that would’ve scared the bejonkers out of me!

4. “Bejonkers.” New fave word.

5. I sense a new #tag … hehehe

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

That just didn’t happen. Sorry.

7. Smartypants says:

I can just envision pic # 3 – the elephants high-fiving as the people scatter in all directions!

8. I want to go there.

9. Don’t know that I buy it, but it’s a cute picture anyway.
    This is off topic, but am I the only person who has developed the habit of hovering over animal pics on other web sites to read the hovertext? I’m always disappointed when there’s nothing there.

10. You mean high-trunking.

11. Dog Lover says:

Yes, I constantly find myself doing that too! And I get mad at those sites for not providing me with clever hovertext. :)

12. Elephants are very quiet — something to do with the padded feet..

13. In first pic, anyone else notice the grey cap _behind_ the woman on the far right? The bill is facing the elephant’s direction. Surely THAT person sees him?!

14. Me too! :)

15. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

As quiet as elephants may be, they will not come up from behind this close without making some foot sounds and the usual trunk breathing. Not to mention that the person that all these people are taking a picture of is simply not bringing this to their attention. This will be shown to be a hoax soon enough. And, if after realizing these large elephants are behind me, why would the woman on the left be taking a picture of something way off to her left.

16. Me three… ;)

17. Dimerator says:

Well, these trunksters are wearing ballet slippers and holding their breffs.

18. This is why one should never go on any kind of wildlife trip without a local guide! Heh. I was on a trip in Amazonas (vibrant animal life around us at all times) with some other tourists, and I swear we didn’t see a thing – we were totally oblivious! – without having it pointed out to us by the local guide (“Huge snake hanging from the tree on your right.” ).

19. I can only imagine what they were taking pictures of, if that was more interesting than two huge elephants behind them.

20. I can’t imagine how much these women spent to long at elephants through a long camera lens.

If only they’d turned around.

21. That was my impression also, not that it’s a hoax, but that there was something really special in front of them, and they were all concentrating so hard they didn’t notice the approach from behind. They probably turned around the second after these photos were taken and had the surprise of their lives.

And I agree that there’s someone barely visible standing behind them in shot one who DOES know the elephants are there and would be doing something about it if there was any danger.

22. .. Beware the silent stackers of the animial world .. ELEPHANT-NINJAS !! ..

“We shall lick(trunk?) you and you’ll never see it coming”

23. That would scare the beans out of me, MA, as well as the bejonkers!

24. Apparently, “the elephant in the room” works outside as well.

25. the snot bomb threat is not an idle threat. I was once sneezed on by an elephant at the circus. It was BAD, I’ve been to therapy & everything now it’s all come back to me