Caturday: Pyonpyon

“Pyonpyon” is the title of this new Thing Two video. And…since that name rings no bell at C.O. Command Centre (note British spelling,) we tweeted @Guremike to learn what that meant.

“That means, little cute creatures hopping, skipping lightly. Japanese kawaii onomatopoeia word!”

Well, of course.

And while we were poking around the Guremike Twitter page, we found this photo. No idea what’s going on here- but it’s cute. Then again…it’s Japan, so this should come as no surprise.

Clipboard01

Comments

1. Video – floor is shining like a mirror. Whoa… (Keanu-style).

2. I know, imagine that.

3. Fleurdamour says:

Bottom pic: they are having a se-aaawww!-nce.

4. These Japanese videos always make me feel ashamed of how dirty my own house and floor are. O_O Right now my husky is blowing her coat and the apartment is covered in fur tumbleweeds.

5. Aw, the otter doll in the back :)

6. Pyonpyon must be Japanese for “sproing” or maybe “hippity-hoppity.”

7. SlaveToCat says:

What a purrfect hallway to play with a super ball.

8. Seriously, is there no dirt (or dust, or random floof) anywhere in Japan?

9. sabrina rose says:

I’ve never had a shiny floor in my life except for the day the guys refinished it. I think it would be worth moving to Japan to live in such sparkling cleanliness. Must be magic there!!

10. Mandachan says:

Not sure at all, this is just speculation but the picture looks like it might be a shrine to their recently deceased kitty? (see pic of kitty on the right edge of the photo and blue kitty figurine with date of 12-21 2013 on it)

11. Cute! :)
    And here you got my boys, Spider & Lugosi, pyonpyon-ing….

12. MusicFan87 says:

I saw that, too, PK! I love his little ears and cute otter smile.

13. Desdemona says:

I was going to say I found a spot of dirt on the floor, but then realized it was on my screen. Naturally.

14. I am thinking the very same thing, Mandachan :( There is a fake candle in the middle of those cat figurines :(

15. Kitty’s playin’ pawball!

16. AWW :D How cute :D Looks like your two boy kitties, Spider and Lugosi, are having fun trying to catch bugs, Barbarella a.k.a The Mad Cat Lady :D

17. What are those red and white cat dolls with the round eyes in the photo and where can I get them??

18. Is there some law that you can’t live in Japan unless you can see your face in the floor?

19. The “mystical ceremony” participants look like characters from the famous (and wonderful) Japanese Miyazaki films. The big one seems to be a variation on the main character Totoro from the movie My Neighbor Totoro.

20. *”big one” meaning the semi-circle of the six larger dolls/characters

21. Lillian O. says:

I think they’re selling those: http://guremike.jp/nekokeshi/naruko.html