Um, Capybaras, Who’s Your Agent?

Alas, this is not Gary the Capybara from Texas. But, what is it about capybaras? How do they get such awesome buds? What is their secret to adoration by everyone and everything everywhere they go?

unnamed
Sender-Inner Wendy M., titles this, “How to be very, very popular.” It’s her favorite image from this Buzzfeed article. Photo by Mok Nali, Burger’s Zoo, Arnhem, Netherlands.

Comments

1. sabrina rose says:

AWWWWW! It’s like something out of a fable or fairy tale.

2. The ONLY animal that creeps me out, but this is a very cute picture!

3. Capys are the best! Everyone nose it.

4. What is their secret to adoration? Be totally non-threatening and give off heat. Don’t smell like a carnivore.

5. 260Oakley says:

Love the capy-barnacles clinging to his back. Perhaps he likes to keep them there in case of rain? Duck and cover!

6. I love that even the turtles find him fascinating.

7. It’s like an Axe commercial.

8. who doesn’t like fish?

9. :lol:

10. nicely done!

11. Dog Lover says:

Or possibly a furry tale. :)

Love me some capybara!!!

12. Is there a Rule Of Cuteness for one animal sitting on top of another animal?

13. Peers over glasses at clipboard, tapping pencil, “Hmmm, reading from Brinke’s Concise Guide to Cute Overload Rules of Cuteness, we have Rule of Cuteness #9: Piles of a cute thing jack up a cuteness rating exponentially.” Starts jotting notes.

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’ve heard it said that capybaras are rodents that evolved into couches.

15. whatthelump says:

Win! And those turtles might look nice with a pop can balanced on top.

16. BulldogMommy13 says:

That totally made me LOL. :)

17. lisaLASSIE says:

But Pyrit, if I remember my lessons correctyly, “piles of A cute thing…” refers to one type of cute thing. In this photo, different cute things are involved in the piling-up-ness. So shouldn’t it be a totally new Rule?

18. Disney Princess, Capy-rella! *finds spot in nap-pile*