OMG, Put Up Your Cute Shields Now, Peeps.

OK. Readies?

This baby orangutan is Pongo. Pongo is looking at you with his beeg Pongo eyes!

This is Pongo looking lovingly at his mother, with his beeg Pongo smile!

Pongo, and his mother, Blaze, have such a story. (keep those shields up!)

Due to some complications at birth, it took Pongo and his Mom many months to recover and become fully reunited.
And now they are inseparabuls.

With help from many caretakers at Zoo Atlanta working tirelessly around the clock to nurture mother and child back to health and to bond their relationship, this story has a successful, happy ending for all.

Oh and one last thing, Sun., Jan. 12, was Pongo’s first birthday.
Happy Birthday, Pongo!

Via Zooborns.

1. Mary (the first) says:

I guess I didn’t get my shields up fast enough because I have become inundated with the cute of Pongo and Blaze and their story! (Sending much love and thanks to the zoo people everywhere who help make these stories possible!)

2. These photos are so wonderful! My favorite is the one in the hammock! Now I can’t stop smiling. :)

3. Sorry! There are no shields strong enough to deflect cute at this intensity! Resistance is futile! Love the electric-shock hair-do on Pongo. :-)

4. The leetle diapered bottom…… :O

5. Hurray! My favorite aminal (yes, I meant to spell it that way) of all time! And a teensy one to boot! Great ending to a lousy day.

6. Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.

7. Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.

8. oh my heart was no match for that face!!!!! there also may have been some involuntary squeaking noises coming from me.

9. Omg, that little guy/gal is the cutest…The second photo slayed me. And the fabulous hair in the last pic? What!

10. I am so jealous of that hair…

11. Do you think we should call matchingks on the hairdo’s in the last photo, or are those distinctly different cuts?

12. Awww, baby Alfalfa!

13. Bat-Snake says:

Can we just…talk about how awesome it is that they actually managed to keep a mother and baby together in spite of complications?
    Usually the baby ends up being completely hand reared by people because the mother ends up rejecting/losing interest the baby…but not today :D !

14. I find orangutans creepy myself but that pic of Pongo beaming at his mum is adorable, no matter what type of animal he (or mom) is.

15. Love mom’s new perm in the last pic.

16. ZabaZabaHey says:

Stan Laurel

17. Can’t stand the cute *asplodes everywhere* Clean up!

18. Dog Lover says:

I set my alarm every weekday morning to watch Orangutan Island on Animal Planet because I am hopelessly, deliriously, in love with this stunning primate. There’s not a cute shield in the world strong enough to protect me from the qte that is an orang in general and a bebbeh orang in particular.

The hammock pic just melted me into a pile of furry orange goo. :)

19. The second pic made me melt into a large blob of pudding. <3

20. 260Oakley says:

Peeps, if you haven’t already, I urge you to click on the “Happy Birthday, Pongo” link. I oranguarantee you won’t be disappointed!

21. Dog Lover says:

Thanks for the heads up, 260!