OK Move Along, Nothing To See Here

Kevin Dietrich was driving through the Chugach National Forest in Alaska, when one of the park residents stopped to wave “HI!”

article-2538574-1A9F607600000578-356_964x561

article-2538574-1A9F618D00000578-430_964x663
From Mail Online.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Alaskan citizen exercising his right to bear arms.

2. It had to be said.

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Perhaps he’s the head supervisor of some construction going on behind the photographer and he’s saying, “No, a little more to the left, no, no, now a little more to the right.”

4. weren’t there articles of bears doing this sort of thing as a learned behavior to get attention (read: SNACKS) from tourists.

5. It’s Smokey, reminding us all to do our part to prevent forest fires.
    Thanks, Smokey!

6. This statue: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2132
    The pose is almost identical to the first pic in this post. All he needs is his shovel!

7. Person in a bear suit…obvi. :)

8. hahaha oh my goodness, I think that has to be my favourite picture ever! he looks so friendly

9. emmberrann says:

“LOOKS friendly” is the operative word here, obviiously. I think those pointy bits would be way unfriendly to my hide! A wave back from long distance is about as close as I’d get, and i’m a very frienly person, and I love getting hugs!

10. Yep, deceptively cuddly-looking, but still so cute!

11. These photos are puzzling. Is bear doing the Macarena or the Safety Dance?
    I am so confused.

12. Smartypants says:

I think he’s practicing the ancient art of Bear Chi.

13. omg, where do you come up with these?!

14. What’s the matter with you all .. no Star Wars puns yet .. ok ..

“These aren’t the trout your looking for .. move along ..”

15. 260Oakley says:

“May the forest be with you.”

16. *groans*

17. Jenny Islander says:

In zoos, and maybe in other parks. But anyone spotted deliberately providing food to a bear in Alaska is slapped with a citation and a fine of about $300.

Anybody’s guess why this bear was doing the Macarena, but he looks pretty mellow.

18. aww, but look at his little face :)
    It’s funny how bears are actually dangerous but we’re brought up cuddling teddy bears and having them as friendly characters