Yup, Dogs Work Best

A video for the Norwegian Association Of The Blind makes the case that dogs, in fact, ARE the best choices for a seeing-eye companion. Gonna have to agree on that.

Via 22 Words.

1. Brilliant! And sweet and funny and heart-warming!

2. Dog Lover says:

What she said! :)

3. 260Oakley says:

Some mornings I just can’t seem to get my ass on the bus either.

4. 260Oakley says:

And if you encounter problems trying to get your donkey back to your house again, you are suffering from Stock Home syndrome.

5. *** golf clap ***

6. phred's mom says:

No golf clap here, but a roaring,
    thunderous standing O!

7. Double rim shots! You crack me up! :lol:

8. Why is it in English?

9. so the animals can understand it

10. I have seen Mini Horses as Seeing Eyes

11. We used to see a man with a mini service horse and it wore little “tennis shoes”. Too cute! I haven’t seen them around lately. The shoes were to keep the horse from slipping on and chipping the tile floor where the man worked.

12. Yes, me too. I think the point of the ad is not that only dogs should be service dogs, but that restaurants and busses and stuff should be glad they don’t have to put up with bulls or ducks or donkeys as service animals. XD

13. That’s exactly right!!

14. Tony James says:

I may be stepping out of an intellectual closet here, and maybe seeing as I’m not blind I’m not entitled to venture an opinion on the subject, but…

…I reckon a seeing-eye moose would f**king RULE! :)

15. That moose is my choice too. As long as it doesn’t bite my sister.

16. Martha in Washington says:

You might be sacked for that.

17. Once A Fish says:

Then you’d have to get Ralph the Wonder Llama.

18. Tony James says:

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti.

19. petless in Puddletown says:

Second that!!!

20. I’m guessing the sheep was leaving bread crumbs so they could find their way back to the store…

21. Some backstory if someone has it. Why is there a concern re: service dogs? Is there some sort of backlash against guide dogs?

22. The moose filed a discrimination lawsuit.

23. Tony James says:

I understand that the famed Moroccan attorney, Moosetapha Elkins, represented him…

24. Laura DragonWench says:

Are you trying to dethrone 260Oakley? ‘Cause I’m not sure it can be done… Though you are not without wit, sir, I will grant you that. :D

25. I don’t know how things are in Norway, but there has been some backlash against service dogs because some people will claim their dog is a service animal when it really isn’t so they can take it in restaurants, on airplanes, etc. It is making it more difficult for people who really need a service dog. They used to be accepted without question and now they are getting looked at as though they are a bother.

26. Apparently it has to do with recent immigration from countries/cultures that don’t have a service-dog tradition and the situation that creates, for example, taxi drivers refusing to take on passengers with service dogs.

27. Linda Grimmer says:

but if you can’t afford a service dog…….

28. I guess that was why the one lady had a service duck?