Caturday: OK, I Give UP

The Big J once again, of course. Does ANYone have an idea as to what they are trying to sell here? Anyone? Bueller?

I don’t know about this one, either.

Submitted by Multiple Cat Household.

Comments

1. Whatever they’re supposed to be selling it’s hypnotizing!!! I like it though

2. Katherine says:

Supposedly a hotel chain. Go figure!

3. Yeah, i agree with hotel chain for the second one. The first looks like cookware, those look like the baskets for making sushi rice.

Then again, do these need logic?

4. Not if they’re from The Big J they don’t.

5. The second one’s a repeat – the Jalan cat. http://cuteoverload.com/2010/01/30/its-business-time-on-caturday-hei/ In the comments of that post, someone translated the cat business trip commercial. Look for the comment by CJH.

6. I love that they’re selling hotel stays with this dancing cat video of the supreme silliness! And the second one is meant to appeal to business men? :D (Or maybe just enjoy a ‘business cat’, like me.) Cats really are having a massive pop culture impact* right now!

*I was about to say ‘pop culture *moment* – but I think kittehs are here for the long haul. Muahaha!

7. ” The first looks like cookware, those look like the baskets for making sushi rice.”

I think those are the tubs you take to hot springs or baths to carry your bath stuff in. The cloths that you put on your head are also bath stuff. So, it could still be a hotel chain if the pitch is ‘come enjoy our hot springs!’

8. Both are commercials for an online travel agency in Japan called Jalan. The business cat is their mascot. Very cute! :)

9. Must be for hotel bookings – if I’m not mistaken via Jalan.net. And the little baskets are indeed for washing yourself, either in the hot springs, at home or at a Sentō, a communal bath house. Still the first one is pretty weird, wacky-funny-japanese I’d say :D

10. Reblogged this on ugiridharaprasad.

11. 4leafclover says:

Whatever it is, sign me up.

12. Jalan.net (ジャラン) is a travel website like expedia. In the first video they are advertising that if you book through them you can get a 1,000 ¥ ($10) discount, and they are especially pushing that you can stay in hot spring (onsen) resorts so the cat has many things which one uses in a hot spring bath (head towel, washing bucket, etc). The second video is focusing on business hotels, which are a type of cheap/simple hotel in Japan designed to be used not for tourists but for business people.

13. Hmmmmm. I didn’t watch all the way through, but I think the cats are ready to take a communal bath, or “onsen”. They have the traditional Japanese towel on their head for the onsen, and the buckets are for washing before getting in the bath. That’s my read on it.

14. Ha, I was just going to post the same – it’s for some website (jaran.net – or perhaps jalan is the proper romanization) that appears to be travel related. The first song is all about traveling within Japan and of course the 1000 yen discount for any purchase. The second one seems more self-explanatory.

Neither though explains t the cat, though I loved that his presentation in the second ad has a slide on kitty toe beans!

15. I don’t speak Japanese, but I would posit that they are trying to sell peanut & crab flavoured polka dot head napkins. That’s having watched the first video a few too many times…..

16. Same here, 4leafclover, as long as there are kitties there for me to cuddle :D

17. They’re selling prepackaged insanity, and I can has full serving.

18. Mary (the first) says:

Thank you!

19. Mary (the first) says:

I thought it was interesting in the first one that all the writing on the screen was in Japanese except for the word “off” telling us about the discount. Weird!!

20. doomchild says:

I’ll take 16 of the first and 4 of the latter, what ever they are. Thank you! :)

21. weird/funny commericial good to know it wasnt a shusi resturant commercial. lol, is it just me or is this commercial longer then I ever see on tv (discounting the half hour informertial on tv on sunday mornings?)

22. Thought that was weird, too! But if you listen carefully, you can even hear them singing the “off” (since the song is so repetitious.) Strangely hypnotic, this song is.

23. This is how they advertise to businessmen? Awesome !

24. sophie d. says:

Hilarious! Those crazy Japanese cats made my day :D :D :D

25. Wonderful! THANKS!

26. Dittos! But I’ll take 24 of the first.

27. Here is a link for more infor about this mascot kitty