Domo Arigato

Mr. Roboto. This techno-toy sounds like the ideal indoor cat plaything, or, a man in high heels.

YouTube

Comments

1. naicefrenchgurl says:

I don’t want to sound like a psycho but all I could think of was the rocky horror picture show

2. i know the big kitteh looks like its having fun, but I just want snuggle the little ones. Or knock the MR Roboto on its side so they can see how it looks like an overturned turtle.:P

3. You say that like it’s a bad thing. :-)
    All I could think of was the parking lot scene from Bowfinger!

4. Alice Shortcake says:

There was a moment at 1.04 when I half-expected the robot to climb into the cat bed.

5. 1. As someone said, put some rubber/silicone booties on that thing – it’s scaring the bebbeh kittehs!
    2. Bebbeh kittehs, and cardboard-box-tower-cat, are NOT convinced this… thing… is to be trusted. Bright kittehs! Cylons – especially those dressed in red – seldom are.
    3. Try as I might, and cute as they undoubtedly are, I still am not comfortable with the idea of people breeding munchkins…
    4. Suki and Shira would probably enjoy destroying that toaster.

6. Blue Footed Booby says:

Big cat looks so excited. It’d be the perfect cat toy if someone tied a stick with a dangling mousy to it.

7. The big orange-and-white cat is pretty smart! It figured out the noise right before the flying discs came out and would anticipate them!

8. Lol, sounds like a man in high heels? Psssh, sounds like ME in high heels. Clomp, clomp, clomp, hesitate, clomp, clomp…

9. All I could think of was the 1984 Gene Simmons/Tom Selleck/Kirstie Alley sci-fi/horror film “Runaway.” Basically evil robots less technologically advanced than my iPhone are bent on murder. Run, kitties, run!

10. So when SkyNet becomes self aware will it still play with kittehs?

11. I love that the cat fetched the disk back to her odd playmate. Makes me wonder if animism isn’t unique to humans, or if fetching is pure instinct. Fascinating video to watch.

12. That’s it! I’m moving to Japan!

13. SlaveToCat says:

Kitties created the SkyNet.

14. Clairdelune says:

I LOVE the big pink kitty bed!!! I hope it cam be ordered from Japan?

15. I also think that they should put some rubber padding on the bottom of the robot’s legs to not scare those dear sweet little kitties.

Our cat (my brother, his male friend and me) Dooley probably would of pounced and then started to beat that robot into pieces.

16. Laura DragonWench says:

OMG! I love Runaway! Such a fun 80′s gem. That Mr. Roboto reminded me of the movie, too. Thank goodness it was only shooting red disks rather than acid. ;D

17. Laura DragonWench says:

I was worried about the kitties at first–they were obviously frightened by the Mr. Roboto at first. But as soon as it had something to entertain them, it’s amazing how quickly they got over their fright in order to bat at the jingle toy.