Oh, Deer! Minnesota Lake ResQte Action!

People, you won’t believe this. These deer got stuck on a Minnesota lake. Watch the hoomins rescue ‘em with this keen hovercraft.

Spotted on ViralViral Videos.

Comments

1. Stressfactor says:

Awesome! James and Douglas Kennison, who did this of their own accord after seeing a picture of one stuck deer on Facebook, definitely deserve a ‘Men of Cute Overload Calendar’ entry. Also…. those really are keen hovercraft….

2. Wonderful! Just. Wonderful.

3. deer hockey!

4. 260Oakley says:

To resurface the ice before a game they bring out the Zamdoeni.

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

I was waiting for one of the deer to go sliding right back out, like that hilarious pool video. Deer are cute, but they’re duuuumb.

6. I want to be pulled along the ice behind a hovercraft! Pleeeeeeeeeeese?

7. Funny. I don’t remember any hovercraft in that scene where Bambi goes sliding on the ice.

8. i remember a helicopter doing the same thing once … rescuers just hovered above and used the downwash to push the deer to shore

9. Yeah, just look how far out onto the lake they got!

10. Mary (the first) says:

yeah, me too!

11. Mary (the first) says:

Well gee whiz, I was ok until the very end when he waved goodbye.. snf… now I’m all misty. Sigh. Definitely cute men of CO !!

12. There is definitely NO shortage of the men of CO!

13. That’s exactly what I thought!!

14. Those Kennison boys? They ROCK!!! I almost lost it when the one guy waved bye-bye to the deer. This story realllllly warms my heart.

15. My hovercraft is full of eels!

16. How did they get there in the first place? Did they walk on the ice and then fell down at the same time?

17. Serious men of co

18. phred's mom says:

Gonna need more than that
    forklift to move the Men of CO
    calendar. It keeps getting
    bigger and bigger, bless it.

19. Deer 1: “Don’t worry guys, I saw this on a movie once!”
    Deer 2: (3 hours later) “Saw this on a movie eh? BLeh!”

20. I would hazard a guess that they were running from predators, and got so far out on the ice that they were too exhausted to return.

21. That is to say, I suspect they CAN walk/push their way a short way along the ice, but they tired themselves out. And if they had stayed out on the ice to rest they likely would have froze their deerieres off.

22. The deer don’t even look particularly perturbed by the ride. I’m no expert in deer body language, but the ear-flick when the hovercraft begins towing that one along seems more like “huh, how peculiar” than “WTF HELP” to me.

23. Probably hit the ice at a dead run (running from a coyote or, at this time a year, a hunter) and skidded that far.

24. Ouch! Doing the splits had to hurt!

25. speaking of calendars is there a 2014 CO calendar this year – ive been looking for it

26. The same thing happened to a calf on my parents’ farm. The little calf had gotten onto a large patch of ice and was not able to get off it. I had to push his furry behind all the way off with his momma watching me. The calf ran to his momma for some warm milk :)

27. Quiet Desperation says:

Go out on the ice, you said. It’ll be fun, you said.

28. Yes. And yes.

29. *wipes tears from eyes*
    awwwwwwwwww. :)

30. So awesome! How did they end up so far out on the ice?

31. as i watched i thought ouch cold belly’s. “now then how about a bucket of hot chocolate to warm up our belly’s and then we will be on our way.”
    such kind people and doing a great job because the deer were not at all frighten of the people. well done guys.

32. The image in my mind calf butt pushing roflol

33. No CO calendar this year apparently.
    However I am part of a CO fan consortium pushing for a CO Cute Men coffee table book. Would any of you care to join us?
    We’ve all recently purchased reinforcement legs for our aforementioned coffee tables. It’s gonna be a biggie!

34. OH NOES! I have two of them on my wish list this year. I am so disappoint! I have one sitting on my vanity to help remind me to take my thyroid pills. What will I do nao?!

35. rofl

36. I’m seriously wondering how they managed that!

37. dolphin815 says:

And since it’s Northern Minnesota, my guess is they were running from humans.

38. Albert Lea is in far southern MN.

39. Yes, I’ll join in! I WANT A CO CUTE MEN COFFEE TABLE BOOK!!!!