Guy Buys a Bag of Mulch. Gets a Free Squirrelio.

It all started when, well, no one really knows how it started. But this guy found a bebeh squirrelio that somehow got inside a bag of mulch.

11121449423_3c4d0083a9_z
We also don’t know who is luckier, the squirrelio or the guy.

11121450883_2389870ba0_b
All we know is a very caring guy got the best Cracker Jack prize ever! And its name is Zip!

11121306646_78f55bbd1c_z
Except, unlike a Cracker Jack prize, Zip keeps getting better and better.

11121270845_38f459a956_b
And, like they say, when we help even the littlest of those in need,

11121271005_79360271ef_z
it brings good car-ma.

11121308106_df6865100e_z
Zip would now like to raise a toast to his hoomin.

11121308436_ab1767359e_z
(Zip makes little “ahem” sound) …”Here’s to the man who gave a tiny, lost squirrel a lot of love,

11121348074_3d6744f582_z
“Dude, you’re the best, go out and get yourself a brand new glove.”

11121454893_c3dda81f1e_z
“This is a great story. Really needed to pass it along. Love CO so much!” -Terry from MN.

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

This is omg in so many ways .. yay for nice hoomins who save babehs..

2. Dog Lover says:

I don’t even need to see the guy’s face and I know he’d be a candidate for The Real Men of CO calendar. This story (like CO itself) renews my sometimes shaky faith in the goodness of hoomans.

3. There are so many ways that story could have ended badly… So happy that Zip and his hoomin found each other!

4. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

The very best Karma!!!

5. I never find cute behbeh skwerls in MY mulch! (But, that’s probably a good thing…)

6. Wow, I would so name that squirrelio Cracker Jack.

7. 260Oakley says:

The youngster was in the bag doing research for the piece he’s writting about finding alternative sources of squirrel chow. I think he was going to call it “Mulch ado about nutting.”

8. rescue gal says:

I SOOOOOOO needed a story about an awesome human today. This wins.

9. shakespearean puns are the best!

10. Blessings to this person!

11. omg soo cute!!!

12. A little miracle. What were the odds that the little guy would survive the horrible thing that happened to him and then be found by someone who would take him and care for him. Actually, that qualifies as a big miracle. As CYNTHIA M says….blessings to this person.

13. crashnandicoot says:

bang! you nailed it!

14. SQUIRREL !! I wans one to love and hug and share nuts with.

15. Mingles' Mommy says:

My co-worker is now telling me she wants a Zip for her wedding gift LOL.

16. phred's mom says:

Indeed. His looks don’t matter, his heart
    does, and it’s in the right place.

17. Zip was very lucky to survive. If you find a baby animal, best thing is to look up a local wildlife rehab center. They know the best nutrition for different species and the kind of care they need to survive. Baby squirrel care is tricky and very labor-intensive. This man knew or found out how to do it right, but many states require a permit for rehabbing wildlife to make sure qualified people do it for the animals’ sakes.

Squirrels don’t really make good pets. They can’t be housebroken and they may bite (really hard).

18. This is good to know, rhea3 :)

19. I keep coming back to this story because it makes me so darn happy. I think it will stay with me for a very long time. I hope the hooman knows just how truly amazing he is.

20. tommygirl says:

That is one lucky squirrel! I feel the love :)

21. I’m a guy and this guy is my HERO