Come With Me if You Want to Salsa

My name is Don Arachno, I’m the king of latin samba,
The ladies see me dancing, and they’re shrieking ¡ay caramba!
Alas, I am but robot, and must seek upon my honor
One special dancing partner by the name of Sarah Connor

Please tell me that thing on the front dispenses tequila, Wendy M.

1. oh… my… gosh…

2. Creepy and clever!

3. kibblenibble says:

4. Seconded.

Along with: NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

5. Haha you beat me to it! Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope!

6. Ilikechocolatemilk says:

I never thought I’d say that a cyclops spider is cute, but THAT certainly is! Made me LOL this morning. And NTMTOM, maybe it works like that ice cream maker that you roll around like a ball – after it dances it would dispense not just tequila, but frozen margaritas. ;)

7. That cyclops even manages to look friendly! I just want to pat it and thank it for the lovely performance :)

8. I didn’t think there was any way this would be cute and then at 0:17 I became a believer!

9. That is the best dancing robot-spider ever! I don’t come even close :)

10. Sorry, even if it is a Cute Robot, my fear of spiders prevents me from watching.

11. The two most terrifying things in the universe: spiders and robots. Now all I need to do is have it corner me on the edge of a cliff and you’ve got the trifecta of Mamabear terror.

12. That made me laugh the whole way through!! Great combo of movements and music… Buuuutttt not sure what I would do if I saw an actual Mr. McSpidersons in my house making those kinds of movements..

13. Blue Footed Booby says:

I saw “Rumba” and knew what the music would be. This owns so hard. Just having a well-made, streamlined “case” for the thing makes it looks leaps and bounds more advanced than other spiderbots I’ve seen. Now it just needs an eyelaser.

The write-up is great too.

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

Does anyone else think it looks like something a geth would chase around with a rolled up cyber-newspaper?

15. Maybe that thing in the front is an eyelaser! (scary sci-fi music) I still like my tequila idea better, though.

16. The music was just perfect. Too bad my cat would probably destroy the poor thing.

17. Now I really *have* seen everything.

18. lisaLASSIE says:

Oh, the pinnacle of human technological genius has been reached!!! Brilliant, funny, talented. When does he appear on DWTS (Dancing With the Spiders of course: what did you think I meant?)

19. that was to creepy to watch. yuck!

20. It is….El Macho!

21. The Original Jane says:

It fascinates and freaks me out because you KNOW the dance is a wind up to when he jumps in your face at the end! Oh, and the little hole/dispenser shoots silly string.

22. 8O The thing that gets me is someone somewhere is designing a robot spider like that to be used to transport items for the military in places that wheeled vehicles cannot go due to the terrain being too rough 8O This is because I saw on NOVA about a four-legged machine being tested so it can transport items for the military in places that wheeled vehicles cannot go due to the terrain being too rough 8O

23. The Original Jane says:

Didn’t Kenneth Branagh’s character do that in the Wild Wild West movie? ;)

24. Martha in Washington says:

Uh…ummm…what exactly did I just see? *lies down with a cold compress on my forehead*

25. Holy sh*t!
    1. Spiderclops dances better I ever will.
    2. Some people have WAY too much time.

26. yes, like all of us!!! i don’t know about anybod else but i’m just watching it over and over, laughing so hard!

27. I want to see a chorus line of those spiders dancing. While a bunch of cats in the background look on both horrified and petrified.

28. Haven’t seen spiders do it yet, but here are little helicopters:

29. Oops, here:

30. That would so freak out my cats.

31. perilandmishap says:

That’s awesome, but the giant bee noise they make is horrifying.

32. Ok. After seeing this, the next time I see a real spider in my apartment, I promise, I won´t ever scream again. ;)

P.S.: I think this kind of video should be used by therapists to treat arachnophobics.

33. I´m afraid this little fella is helping me with my arac… arachy.. anarac… fear of spiders!

34. perilandmishap says:

I for one welcome our adorable robot overloads. Thank you cute overlord.