Well Hello Then, Mate!

Look at this little snorgler Down Undah. Cute, eh? Of course he/she is.

Gum Crawl
Ever hear the expression “Appearances can be deceiving,” Alicia A.? (Turn speakers up–WHOA.)

“Ever wanted to know what a Koala sounds like? It is the Festive Season here in Australia, for everyone clearly! I found this guy strutting down our road after a few too many Gum Leaves!” -Alicia A.

Comments

1. fleurdamour says:

I saw a PBS show about koalas and they have intense aggressive territorial and mating drives like all wild animals. Don’t let the fuzzy demeanor deceive you. It was a little disturbing to watch the males duke it out til they were punch-drunk with the alpha winner dominating the nearest female, like watching Teddy bears rumble. They may look harmless but they’ve got old school Outback swagger.

2. Oooh, I don’t think that was a Koala. I think that was the vicious Silver Back Korilla!

3. OMG he’s terrifying

4. Sounds like a cross between an African Penguin (formerly called a Jackass Penguin) and a lion.

5. 4leafclover says:

OK–but what does the fox say? ;)

6. Jenny Islander says:

I now know Koala-Ese for “Get that blankety-blank camera out of my face.”

7. Diane in Los Angeles says:

Amazing–a koala-bear (no relation to a bear, I know!) really sounds like a bear! Who knew?

8. They may look cute, but they are wild animals, highly territorial, and when threatened will absolutely use those long, sharp claws they use for climbing on YOU.

9. Stressfactor says:
  10. Oh, the mystery solved, at last! Thanks for the link :)

11. EqMCSquared says:

His call reminded me of a howler monkey.

12. Hehe most are friendly… here is one that walked into my house :0)

Alicla x

13. Tim McDaniel says:

A large predator intensely focuses on a wild animal, following it around, and the wild animal makes some scary growls — who would have ever expected it?

Seriously, if the koala had lept on her and slit her up a treat, I would have considered it self-defence.

14. Michele D. says:

“like watching Teddy bears rumble.”

That’s the best thing I’ve heard/read all day! :D

15. petless in Puddletown says:

Crriiiikey! I had no idea. I’ve learned something new today, can I go home now?

16. “&*%^& paparazzi…”