Seal Swim Lesson… Forgetaboutit!

And so, li’l bebeh blubbernugget, what have we learned from today’s swim lesson? “BLORPTH!”

Crybaby learns to swim. Thanks to Lucy’s Mommeh, and other sender-inners, via YouTube

Comments

1. Sasha's Mum says:

Wow, blubberpup there could give Teddy the Porcupine a run for his money re: vocalizations. Pretty sure I heard her say “Bleurgh, cold!” a couple of times.

2. And I thought my cat was a talker! Amazing

3. He looks likw my 3 year old when she’s making up excuses to not eat dinner! Like his mama told him to go in the hole and catch his fishy breakfast and bebeh seal says, Bleeeh, no, my fin is broken, look theres a shark I see it in there, see its in there i see it with my beady eyes, i peed i peed all over myself I can’t eat a fish my hair is wet I can’t eat ooohhhhh my back, my neck and my back, I can’t move! HEEELP Blepfffff I’m affraid of fish I OHH I’m suddenly paralyzed, I have no neck Help me MOOOOOM I’m too spotted and cute to eat, I ate breakfast YesTeRdAY!!

4. sounds like…”eggs!!” “beef!!!!”

5. BLEGH!

6. Kristen from MA says:

If Felix Unger were a seal…

7. Ha! I was thinking the same thing! Would like to eavesdrop on a conversation between those two…

At 1:26 I think he said “you jest!”.

8. *Seal cries*

Translation .. It’s too cold .. YOU DO IT !

9. :)

10. mctwin'stwin says:

Ummm, sounded like “Are you on DRUGS????? It’s COLD in there!!!! Ain’t happnin’!! NO WAY! NO HOW!!!!!”

11. Lucy's Mommeh says:

AH-HAH! I’m not the only one who heard Eggs & Beef! I threw this at CO a week or so ago, and that’s what I entitled the subject line with, AND I also said the seal would give Teddy a run for his money! I LOVE this!

12. Blue Footed Booby says:

I like that you can hear the cameraperson laughing as crybaby flops unceremoniously into the water.

13. Thank you for the huge laugh, NatalieW. That totally cracked me up. :)

14. sabrina rose says:

Awwww, I wish I could fix a big lunch for him and then put him on my lap and rock him to sleep! Poor baby! How revolting to have to swim around in icy water so he can eat even colder fish!!!

15. For some reason I kept imagining Larry the Cable Guy providing the voiceover.

16. whatthelump says:

LOL, I was just watching a bit of the Simpsons and I thought I was hearing more of Dan Castellaneta’s voice work. What a cutie, I can only imagine how cold it is but you can do it, guy!

17. Hysterical play by play NatalieW ! You had me in tears :’)

18. The Original Jane says:

I was thinking the same thing – and that I would watch this guy over Teddy any day of the week.

19. OMG What a GOOBER!! I peed a little laughing at this. Yes I did. Especially @:52….one of the funniest things I ever hoid!

20. Squamatophile says:

Blubbernugget? Somebody get Theo the Glossary Guy over here.

21. I have not died from laffing this hard in so long!

22. More than happy to add you to the credeetos, Lucy’s Mommeh!

23. LOL HE TOTALLY SAID “you jest!”

Hahahahhaha

24. I’m pretty sure I’d also make those sounds if I’d just stuck my head in ice water!

25. Also, it was noble of them to swallow their laughter until he was out of earshot. :P

26. animal lover says:

Sound like he’s saying CRAIG CRAIG CRAAAAAAAIIIIIIG

27. I was hearing, “Nyerrhh! NYEEERRRRRHHHH!!!!” X D

28. At 2:26, he’s thinking, “I’m moving to SoCal and sitting on the pier. Can I pass as a sea lion?

29. Natalie, I almost peed in my PJs- hilarious. “I’m too spotted and cute to eat” Hilarity!!!

30. LO freakin L!!!!!

31. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Thenk yew~!

32. dolphin815 says:

Yes! The person with the camera is so much…quieter.

33. Baby…baby begs, begs, begs, begs! Blthrgh!

34. 100%! Oh how I laughed, NatalieW. This is just like my niece (also 2 years old). And boy you are right, the seal does a great impression. “I can’t eat a fish, my hair is wet”. Love it!

35. Crybaby must have been on the booze or something. I think that between 1:19 and 1:27 mins it shouts “LEGS!” 3x and then the word “LEGLESS!!!!” at the 01:26 mark. ;)

36. Laura DragonWench says:

I love how blubbernugget continues to burble and complain even with his head underwater. And, oh, the wet, blubbery raspberries–they had me snorfing with laughter!