And Over Here, We Have a Genuine Replica of the First Sawdust He Slept In

Visiting the greater upper tri-counties area? Be sure to visit the famous Marty Mouse House, boyhood home to lovable Marty Mouse. Join H. Reynaldo Ratzenburg, your guide, for an informative tour full of revealing insights about this fascinating character, such as: Who the heck was he and why was he famous?

From Facebook via Sarah H.

Comments

1. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Curious rats wish to know! Gorgeous little face and hands. Oh, those hands. If they had opposable thumbs, rats would take over the world. ;-)

2. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats says:

So cute!!! Look at those whiskers! And the handsies. And the BEF is strong with this one. This guy/girl looks so much like my Lolli. I think I’m gonna have to go snorgle her right now since I can’t really snorgle my computer screen. Then I’ll have to snorgle my other two rattums as well.

3. jlamusings says:

Awww… what a sweet little face and whiskers! Makes me wish I could have a little critter (had hamsters eons ago but always wants ratties) but methinks my 3 feline roommates might be too entranced by a tiny critter… sigh

4. Did you know BGSU proved animals like to have fun by feeding popcorn to rats?It’s a fact!
    (They tend to do lot of drinking there,when not playing hockey.)

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

Was this the same place that discovered that rats laugh when tickled? That’s one of my all-time favorite experiments.

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

It depends on the individual cat, of course, but I’ve had two cats and multiple rats and the cats couldn’t have cared less. I would never leave them unsupervised, but I don’t think the predator-prey relationship is as strong as you think.

7. Is this the new show on HGTV? Rat House Hunters?
    I would totally watch that. :D

8. Since none of the months begin with a W (do they?), perhaps CO could have Whisker Wednesdays.

9. YES!! Whisker Wednesday!! What a Wonderful idea!!

10. sabrina rose says:

That sounds kinda fun (for us, not for the people who have to do the work! Maybe just Featured Whiskers of the Day?) Lots of critters have amazing whiskers.

11. Smartypants says:

Something about his posture is so human – “Come on in, can I get you a cuppa coffee?”

12. whatthelump says:

I totally agree! “Oh, don’t worry about the missus, she’s out luncheoning with the NIMH folks. Now, mind your eyes– oh, sorry, that tends to happen whenever I turn.”

13. Rats laugh?When tickled?Wow!

14. I’m picturing animals having fun feeding popcorn to rats.

15. I hear John Candy as the voiceover for this adorbes rat :)

16. Those whiskers are out of control

17. Ditto, Ditto! And Ditto!

18. Somehow I think animals would have fun feeding popcorn to rats,but I think the researchers fed the popcorn to the rats.We live in the future!

19. Debra Kelter says:

I am not a mouse!!

20. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats (and 2 Cats) says:

I’ve had cats all my life and have been keeping rats for 13 or 14 years now. It’s never been an issue.