Pink. Armadillos. In. Argentina.

Cuteporter Nicky B. spotted this on Boing Boing. “Just in case you guys hadn’t been alerted about this already!”

Uh, no, we hadn’t. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

notebook_A_001
And Wendy M. wrote in to add: “It has a ‘butt plate.'”

notebook_A_004

notebook_A_002

notebook_itsalive
FAVE FRAME™! McSCHNOZZLE PERFECT FOR NOSEVEMBER!

notebook_itsalive

Photos as seen on Science News!

Comments

1. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Pretty in Pink. What a handsome little dude.

2. Eet is so cute! An excellent Nosevember post.

3. OMP (oh my pig!) That is by far the cutest and weirdest thing (in a good way) that I’ve seen lately. What a cutie pie!! XOXO – Bacon

4. Just another reason to Not Mess with Texas! Even the little critters are “tough”.
    Pink Cutie!

5. I am skeeved.

6. crashnandicoot says:

Gonna have me a bad dream tonight.

7. Ditto. Looks like a giant beetle of some kind. Perhaps related to the cockamouse of How I Met Your Mother fame…

8. Unfortunately, not in Texas. Argentina, according to the article.

9. I am trying really hard to see the cuteness. I’m trying, people.

10. Smartypants says:

Yes, I’m afraid he looks like a giant silverfish to me. But I’m sure his mom thinks he’s adorable :-)

11. Hugebody McTinyhead says:

Pink fairy armadillo… what, we’re letting 7-year-old girls name animals now?

12. Had too many Mochi balls last night. The Science News header did me in.

13. I was thinking shrimp, but yeah. I agree.

14. Catwhisperer says:

I was on board until I saw the giant claws in the last two pix. Too much like mole feets — bleeeeccchhh!

15. I have heard of these! So, so weirdcute!

16. Is it an albino?

17. Sharon Wilson says:

BUTT PLATE! A little late for ‘Tocktober, though…

18. crashnandicoot says:

Did anyone see the movie “Naked Lunch”? I think it was a Tarentino film, very weird. A typewriter was growing something that looked like the critter above on it. Very disturbing. (BUT SOMEHOW FASCINATING.)

19. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, me too!

20. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, cross between caterpillar and shrimp. “Cute” wasn’t my first thought. Glad CO included them, though, it’s always fun to see some new critter!!

21. It was a David Cronenberg film.

22. I think if we let more seven year olds name animals, the environment would be in better shape.

23. Is it just me or does it have glass fingernails?

24. This is the first time I’ve ever seen the description butt plate.

Sounds like either a haute couture concept from Paris or the latest school yard dance.

25. The IDEA of a pink armadillo is cute but the execution needs work! Too weird and creepy for me.

26. sabrina rose says:

No one has mentioned the adorable feathery butt ruffle!

27. Oh, my bad…..thought these guys were from Texas. It would be nice if I could ready correctly. :(

28. Hurrah.

29. It kinda reminds me of a bug… :-/

30. Nope…it’s a pink fairy armadillo. More info at the Science News link under the pics :)

31. Like a bedskirt!

32. 月ノ Tsukino Sara says:

o my! now when i see shrimp i will think of this lil QT – sooooo cute! OC indeed :D squee! ps never knew they had buttplates !