Are You Suggesting that Coconuts Migrate?

Squidward tried out for a role in the undersea production of Monty Python’s Spamalot, but crawled into his coconut halves after he didn’t get a callback.

Comments

1. I love these guys! I first heard of them when someone in my roleplaying game’s sandbox actually decided to temporarily roleplay a “cocopus”.

2. Weeeee, look at him go! That coconut nest looks very comfotabuhls :)

3. Send More Coconuts!

4. Jenny Islander says:

Hey, was that shot at the beginning “Nope Nope Octopus?”

5. I admire their intelligence, but I can’t help it, they give me the willies. This whole video reminds me of this scene:

6. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Shared this on fb & my witty British friend said “Give it two half-coconuts and it will simulate the sound of sea-horses trotting”

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

Maybe not the shot, but the same kind of octopus.

I love octopuses. They have so much character. My favorite octo-story is still the one in an aquarium who accidentally got given spoiled shrimp. He looked right at his caretaker, then crammed all the shrimp into the tank’s filter intake.

8. Excellent! Give it FOUR half-coconuts, and it would sound like Kentucky Derby!

9. I thought that was a giant octopus at first before I saw the coconut shell and realized he’s just a little guy!!! (Or else they have vewwy, vewwy big coconuts in Australia….)

10. Smartypants says:

Octopus is like “look, I’m a turtle!” I love him zooming across the ocean floor.

11. Well, I guess since a swallow can carry a coconut, as we surmise from weight ratios, so can an octopus.

12. rofl :D

13. Are the octopuses migratory?

14. Sort of. They come and go in waves.

15. Catwhisperer says:

Nicely done!

16. Groannn… :)

17. I used to work at an Aquarium, and we all knew the story of the day that the caretaker forgot to put the lid on the tank full of fish adjoining the octopus tank. When the caretaker returned, the octopus had removed his own lid, crawled up, out and over into the adjoining tank, and had been happily supplementing his diet on the neighbors.

18. This video made me very happy! :-D

19. Mingus's Mom says:

What fabulous stories!!! Thanks so much for sharing… I had no idea these critters were so smart!

20. This is terrific! I used to snorkle in St Lucia and there was an octopus who used a glass jar for retreat. I assumed it was for protection but maybe he just didn’t have any coconuts to play with…

21. Gotta love the ingenuity of these creatures. I love watching those documentaries with scientists concocting all sorts of scenarios to see if they can foil the octopus–have yet to see an octopus loose!

22. You know, it’s a really sad state of affairs when you get sent to the mod lounge cos you used the word “doc*mentary”! (Starts searching for tasty food. Hint, hint)

23. I greatly appreciate the Monty Python reference in the title.

24. who needs a spine when you have a shell?

25. Probably also used the shell to hide in & surprise her prey.