Gimme A Smoochie, Hoomin!

[I came all the way up from about a zillion fathoms below. Or whatever they call it. And can you help a fella out by scraping off a few of these pesky barnacles?

Submitted by Doris/Phred’s Mom. As seen on

1. baleen!

2. Don’t let Theo hear you say that!

3. HAW!

4. Mary (the first) says:

Y’know, I love critters, but smooching an orca (?) might be going just a bit too far…

5. phred's mom says:

Right, not an orca, they have teefs.

6. Mary (the first) says:

Oh, you’re right. I didn’t even notice the baleens, just the nose shape.

7. Not an orca. This is some kind of baleen whale, like a humpback? Or grey?

8. A Lady-killer whale?

9. If her hair gets caught in his mouf when he goes down…. *shudders*

10. I am glad I’m not the only worrywart who thought of that! Glad everyone’s okay and had a good time. :)

11. Oh, I’d been willing to give it a try!

12. *be* willing, obviously

13. He’s smiling! Oh, how precious(clasping hands together).

14. Killer Klown says:

Hey, babe.
    So, I’m shipping out tomorrow – can’ tell you where – but this might be my last night on earth…

15. gail pierson (bunny) says:

Cue up the song “Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” by Looking Glass… :)

16. Gah, remember what I said on the giraffe photobomb thread? *getting a little skeert*

17. Dog Lover says:

Beware the power to see the future. :)

18. It is a heavy burden

19. I would smooch him. Not gonna lie.

20. humminbirdie says:

gorgeous red-haired lady: she’s lucky to have an amazing moment of interaction with one of the most mysterious and powerful life forms on our little planet!

21. SlaveToCat says:

Um,….if it has cold sores and lesions you might not want to be kissing it, no matter how much he says he loves you and says to just trust him.

23. Huh. One of the very, very last things I’d ever expect to see– CU linking to Rense!

24. phred's mom says:

I just now checked out
    Looks a bit whacked and paranoid,
    but they apparently had some good
    images. Be calm.

25. The kink above just takes you to some AWEsome photographs! Check it out!

26. That would be LINK, obviously.

27. Or kink as in Theresa’s response above!

28. phred's mom says:

Got in an EMail from a friend.
    Don’t know anything about Rense,
    is it nasty or something?

29. rocinrobin says:

HOLY MOLIE!!!! I am soooooo envious!

30. What a privilege to see a whale! She is sooooo lucky!

31. those aren’t barnacles, they are callosities that are covered in whale lice.

32. Hey, I learnded something. Thank you!

33. Well, except that article specifically refers to right whales, and the photo is of a gray whale, so it might still be a barnacle. Here’s a longer article, more photos and some video of this same encounter. I confess, I mostly looked it up hoping to find out who the gorgeous redhead is (a tourist who remained anonymous, as far as I can tell), but there’s whale information there too.

34. Mmmmmm– whale lice!

35. But don’t worry about it, baby–the doctor says it’s not contagious anymore.

36. That makes me feel soooo much better.

37. weaselwardancer says:

One of my bucket list items.

38. she is a very lucky . this one of my best dream :):)

39. Ahhh! Woooh! What’s happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my… well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a… tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what’s this roaring sound, whooshing past what I’m suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I’m dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There’s an awful lot of that now isn’t it? And what’s this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like ‘Ow’, ‘Ownge’, ‘Round’, ‘Ground’! That’s it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it’ll be friends with me? Hello, Ground!

40. Oh no, not again.