Little Horsin’ Around In The Stables

[This hoomin needs a little sauce on the side, otherwise, quite tasty. OM NOM NOM NOM.]

FAVE FRAME™

Clipboard01
Paul & Barb FTW.

Comments

1. now that, ladies & gentlemen, is one dedicated professional!

2. phred's mom says:

The tasty cameraman of CO?
    Or the persistent hoomin nommer?
    Both worthy of praise IMO.

3. If that horse wanted to, he could have bitten that guy’s ear off.

4. And that is one mischievous equine!

5. Brinke, you’re great and all, but brackets aren’t quotation marks.

6. That’s a great smile!

7. tommygirl says:

That guy is SO lucky he didn’t get his ear/fingers bitten off!

8. Horse just trying to tell hoomin the color of hi shirt does not o anything or him and needs to be changed. That and other life hints are why horse is known around the stables as The Hoomin Whisperer.

9. CO, I was having a terrible day until I saw this. :D Made my day, now I can’t stop laughing!

10. The brackets are because this horse is Spanish, of course…. That cameraman is awesome.

11. He handled that better than I would have lol.

12. rescue gal says:

I have worked with horses since I was a teenager. This is a common behavior- nothing ever get bitten off! They are powerful creatures with great capacity for gentleness.

13. Brackets are for when animuhls are thinking to themselves! U no like?

14. Automatic Men of Cute Overload status!

15. So this is why grandpa always said “never put oats in your ears.” It suddenly makes sense…

16. I second that! Not to mention how gentle they are with small animuhls, like kittens and rabbits (they loff).

If a horse was to bite it’s (because it’s kind of a meanie and) because it wants to be left alone already – which clearly this horsie doesn’t! :D

17. Too funny, some horses do like to horse around, poor guy.

18. That guy should learn not to rub butterscotch candies on his neck before he goes in for a shoot!

19. I’m not so sure. I leaned over to pick up a brush and was headbutted into next week by a horse – although i think he was going for the pepermints in my pockets! ( and what a target)

20. Well, a chillin’ Chilean, actually, but yes, the brackets are there because it’s a translation of the horsie’s thoughts, which are, of course, in equine Spanish, a dialect clearly distinguishable from feline Spanish and pig Latin…

21. tiamatsdg says:

Not sure this guy’s footage could be used. All that nomming made for some camera shaking. He’s a sweetheart though for staying put and letting the horse have his fun.

22. Copperbat says:

I’ve been around horses all my life as well. Some are gentle, some are not. This horse was obviously being friendly and gentle. But If you are unfamiliar with a particular horse or don’t know how to read their body language, you should never let a horse “mouth” you. Even a playful or curious nip can cause subsantial injury. I know several people who have been savagely bitten by horses, including at least two people who have actually lost body parts. I agree that some horses have a great capacity for gentleness. I’ve witnessed a 17hh horse gently place his hoof on the chest of a small toddler and shove her to the ground in order to teach her not to run underfoot. This does not mean that same horse can’t or won’t shatter bones under different circumstances.

23. Especially if horse named Mike Tyson. :D :D :D :D

24. Jenny Islander says:

I first saw this at a horseowners’ blog, where the consensus was generally, “He’s lucky this horse wasn’t in a pissy mood because he could have been down one ear, but it is cute the way it keeps bugging him for attention. Like, ‘Quit petting and saying approving things about the BLACK horse, get over here and give all the pettins and coos to ME!”

25. Mary (the first) says:

“Well, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense!”

26. Mary (the first) says:

Oh yeah!

27. twocityshibas says:

I lost it when the horse tugged on his shirt collar…tears…laughter…tears…ahahahaha.

28. Dog Lover says:

No question about it! What a cutie patootie… and the horse is pretty adorabuhls too. :)

29. tommygirl says:

win!

30. SoCratesX53 says:

I could kronsche yer head ifs I wanted….

31. I’ve heard horse people say that horses really do have a sense of humor. I think the horse was teasing, poking at the camera man like, “I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you!”

32. Why don’t you quit ticklin’ yourself?! Huh? Huh? HUH?

33. Around 0:50 I thought that we were going to see a goose.

34. I bet that tickles!!! glad he isn’t minus an ear!

35. *Takes notes furiously as Madame X gives explanatory lecture, for further studying of Spanish anthropomorphic dialects and brushing up on schoolgirl Latin…..*

36. Fourthing that.

37. Blue Footed Booby says:

Same thing happened to me with a Labrador. I had his toy, and he wanted it, so he lowered his head and charged like a pachycephalosaurus.

38. Katherine says:

Yeah, I had my chin, arm, and boob(!) gently nibbled by a mouthy horse. That doesn’t mean he would never bite me hard enough to break a finger if he was angry. I saw a horse bite her owner’s finger really hard one day. This woman is kind to her horses and knows what she’s doing. The horse is usually quite gentle, but she was annoyed by the owner doing something near her face. The woman was lucky not to lose that finger.

39. Grandpas just know these things…

40. dolphin815 says:

*golf clap*

41. Definitely!

42. I think that horse has a crush!

43. “pachycephalosaurus”…now that’s a word you don’t hear every day…..

44. Anyone remember the great old romantic comedy “The Lady Eve”? There’s a scene where Henry Fonda and Barbara Stanwyck have been riding, and they get down from their horses. Henry tries to propose to Barbara, and one of the horses keeps getting into the shot, nuzzling their heads, and chewing on their hair. Hilarious.

45. [So there!]

46. Well put. I have some experience with horses, too, and you should be cautious with horses you don’t know, if for no other reason than they are so much bigger and stronger than you, and even unintentionally, they can hurt you.