Nan The Chick Is All The Way Back, People!

We’ve got a Nan The Chick Update! Yesterday afternoon, we spoke to Katrina P. who is in charge of Nan’s rehab. “We just took off the orange band-aid,” Katrina says. “Both legs are perfectly healed, and she’s flying!” See for yourself!

(But first, HEAR for yourself—click the button, for NAN PEEPS recorded on an iPhone!)

Nan has been busy making friends with a friend’s cockatiel, as well as this Silkie named Clarice.

She’s also been helping clean around the house!

Dr. Gregory Rich is the vet in charge. Kudos to him! As far as finding out who was responsible for hurting Nan, Katrina says she has not heard anything from the Humane Society.

Nan likes to help around the automotive shop, too….

And the computer. This is what’s known as “hunt & peck.”

What does the future look like for Nan? “She’s staying with me!” adds Katrina.

994345_1419560504933552_231813153_n
All videos from Nan’s FB.

Comments

1. Oh, Nan, I will be happy to rub your belleh. Your cheeps of happiness have brightened my day. <3 <3

2. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Nan, my how you’ve grown! So glad your legs have healed well. You sure have imprinted on humans, haven’t you?

I wish they could find the awful people who did this to you.

3. Mingus's Mom says:

She’s so sweet! I’m so glad she’s found a wonderful home.

4. A happy ending for Nan plus chick peeps! All I could have asked for.

5. We’re glad to know Nan has a wonderful home!

6. Well what would’ya know, Nan’s a car chick! And she debugs computers too!

I’m so happy she’s recovered, and that she has found a loving home with other feathered friends and hoomans who let her roam and stretch her wings!

7. Smartypants says:

Go Nan go!

How great that she is trying out different occupations – auto repair, secretarial skills and housekeeping (is there a Nan calendar in her future, with little costumes?).

Actually, I could see her visiting schools & day care centers, etc., as an ‘ambassador’ for being kind to animals and speaking up when you see an animal being mistreated.

Yay Katrina & Dr. Rich!

8. Me, too, Cambridge Rat Mom. Finding those little punks would be the icing on the cake…

So glad to see Nan doing so well!

9. The computer’s response was: “Thank god they didn’t rescue a Sea Gull.”

10. Yup, you have to keep an eye on what your resident chicken is downloading on your computer.

11. Alice Shortcake says:

One word – CRAPSLOCK!

12. What a wonderful idea!

13. I adore how old-fashioned the guy is. The strong silent type. Yes, there is a chick on my shoulder. But I’m fixing this car. Can’t stop. Won’t even acknowledge this is happening, really.

14. twocityshibas says:

She’s cute AND helps around the house & on the job. Yay Nan!
    Anyone know how I can turn Nan’s peeps into my ring tone?? Peep peep peep! :)

15. I second that, Cambridge Rat Mom and Berg.

16. Sharon Wilson says:

Anyone else notice that a chicken sandwich commercial was playing in the background? The chickons should be like, “Quick, change the channel; CHANGE THE CHANNEL!”

17. Men of CO!

18. Fabulous idea! She could really teach kids a lot about treating animals with respect and kindness. This such a great story and I couldn’t be happier for sweet little Miss Nan.

19. awww that was so sweet, glad to see she is recovering, hopfully she wont get run over again, by the way was that big chicken a silkie? and what kind is nan? thanks.

20. The Original Jane says:

I haven’t heard yet what kind of bird Nan is. Does anyone know?

21. woohoo way to go nan!!!

22. phred's mom says:

My IPad won’t allow Flash ( thanks for the spat, guys),
    so I can’t see the vids! Dagnabbit! But, I am thrilled
    Nan is all good. Ya know, if that wee chick can go
    through all that trauma and come out so perky, why
    in the world do I get in a knot over such petty stuff?!?
    Nan is my heroine.

23. phred's mom says:

In the Mod Lounge for some reason.
    Where are the pretzels and cheese dip?

24. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

More like “hunt and poop!”

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

They ran out, but I have some here I can slide under the door!

26. Funny you say that. I’ve been doing that for years!

27. I created a pet care education program where I go to schools, nursing homes, churches, summer camps and hospitals. I bring my ducks and chickens and talk about how special they are and teach kids and adults to be kind to them.

28. Oh SHIFT…….

29. I know! What a cruel (unintentional, I’m sure) joke! Luckily they don’t seem to be bothered…

30. phred's mom says:

Thenkew veddy muchly.

31. “I’m a little nervous on camera…”
    But I’m used to having a chick on my shoulder ;-).
    We must, MUST have a Men of CO coffee tablebook!