Broccoli. It’s What’s For Dinner.

“Broccoli. For dinner. Really? Seriously?”

9788169091_cab09bccfa_z
Clover The Toy Poodle, from The Daily Dot via Fluffington Post.

Comments

1. Without cheese ? I don’t THINK so !

2. But look, you’re a broccoli-top!

3. broccodoodle?

4. See, my dog would be ALL over that! He loves all produce, but most especially KALE.

5. Yep, Clover has a broccoli ‘do! What a cutie!

6. Blue Footed Booby says:

Broccoli is the one thing my labrador wouldn’t eat. We’re talking about a dog that would literally gnaw bark off of trees.

As a friend of mine says, “Broccoli is really good for you. Too bad about the taste.”

7. The inner wolf in me rejects your pathetic offerings. Guess I’ll have to go bring down some wild game meself.

8. Matchingks??

9. Austin Starr says:

my little guy LOVES! broccoli. I chop it up and mix it with his kibble and it’s yum, yum, gone! what a cute little guy in the pix — not in the broccoli-loving crowd, tho . . .

10. I thought that broccoli is bad for dogs?

11. phred's mom says:

I always thought goggies are
    carnivores and should pretty
    much just get meat to eat, no?

12. My Weimaraner girl Hazel looooves broccoli too. I’ve never tried giving her kale, though. She eats just about every veggie we give her, & the only things she doesn’t seem to like are raw potatoes & raw salmon, oddly enough.

13. Blue Footed Booby says:

Their digestive systems can’t extract nutrients from plant matter for the most part, but it doesn’t actually *hurt* them. It’s more like how fiber passes right through human systems.

The dog I had growing up got pretty overweight at one point (labrador joke here) and the vet actually recommended lowering the amount of kibble he got but replacing with a similar volume of green beans so he wouldn’t finish eating and still be hungry.

14. Hey whaaat??? It’s not mine. I didn’t leave a present on the living room rug. The cat must have done it.

15. whawhawhatsis says:

Our lab loves broccoli beyond all measure, so whenever we have it he gets a couple of bites, too. He’s also crazy about asparagus. And green beans. And carrots. Honestly, if he could live off vegetables, I think he’d be a vegetarian by choice, even though needless to say he only gets small bites accompanying his kibble, much to his disappointment. There’s no accounting for dogs’ tastes~!

16. Marilou Dohe says:

Our goggie Frank, for Frankenstein, his birthday is Halloween, loves broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, low fat cottage cheese and skim milk!

17. Yup…with a little green food coloring..it would be amazingks.

18. smallthunder says:

I came up with a similar strategy for my food-obsessed doxie, but instead of just replacing kibble with veggies, I used string beans as “running treats.” That is, I’d take a piece of string bean, show it to her, and throw it into the far corner of the room. She’d run (exercise!) to snarf it down, return to me, and I’d take another piece … throw it into another corner … she’d run, snarf, and return … and so it went. Lots of calories expended per one almost-calorie-less string bean!

19. Vile weed!