Poll: Cute Or Ugly?

The Ugly Animal Preservation Society* has decided that this creature, the aptly-named “Blobfish,” is the Ugliest Creature In The World.

(*Editorial Disclaimer: I happen to think there is NO such thing as an Ugly Animuhl- they are all beautiful in their own way. Even….spiders.)

What do YOU think? Cute…or Ugly?

9738421812_34e4d88a84_z

*This bunch did a YT video on this. But the video is so bad, not gonna give ‘em a link. Wouldn’t be prudent.

Comments

1. To qualify my ugly vote, just because I think it’s ugly I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Though I swear, it looks unfinished.

2. laughingcrowknits says:

I don’t think he’s ugly at all, in fact I see a sweet, sad little face!

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I gotta agree with The Editor on this. No one is ugly.

4. Mingus's Mom says:

Ok… that’s ugly. (although I wouldn’t say that to its face.)

5. It looks like somebody’s Uncle Bob. Don’t know why, it just does.

6. To its mother it is the most beautiful blob fish that ever existed.

7. I bet his mama doesn’t think he’s ugly and neither do I. :)

8. Definitely agree, not ugly at all. It’s cute.

9. This little guy has gotten a lot of press lately…he’s supposed to be in water. Would love to see what he’s like without gravity squishing him.

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

How does it look when it’s still in the water? I’ve never seen a fish that looked quite right on land.

11. Smartypants says:

Awww…I bet his Mom thinks he’s adorable!

12. There needs to be a 4th option for voting: EWE!!!

13. Very true.

14. I was thinking more along the lines of “Ziggy.”

15. phred's mom says:

“Ziggy” it is. And, he is cute,
    but I wouldn’t want to kiss him.

16. phred's mom says:

No wonder he looks sad.

17. Looks like a pink phlegm-wad. Still is mean to call him ugly though.

18. Kinda reminds me of Kilroy without the fingers.

19. Maria Baskett says:

He’s not ugly but whatever that booger-looking thing is hanging out of his mouth isn’t attractive…….

20. Mary (the first) says:

Exactly what I thought (but not Bob, more like Great Uncle Melvin)! He just needs to put his teeth back in and he’ll be back to “normal”.

21. superboymom says:

I’m pretty sure this sad little guy was in Men in Black . . . in the restaurant scene.

22. I’m sorry. That fish is ugly as sin. But as others have said, just because it’s ugly doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. I quite like the little guy (girl). Just because an animal isn’t cute doesn’t mean that it doesn’t deserve our attention. You make that ugly work for you, Blob fish!

23. OMG! It does look like Ziggy! Or a melting in the sun Ziggy…

24. And the winner in our “So ugly it’s cute” category is: Ziggy Blobfish !

25. petless in Puddletown says:

That’s what I was gonna say… and BESIDES, they’re not NEARLY as UGLY as naked mole rats.

26. petless in Puddletown says:

Begging your pardon, I should have said UNCLOTHED mole rat… but that’s what they’re called! (Pouting in the Mod Lounge)

27. There, there…. would you like your mimosa in a doggie bag?

28. Kari Callin says:

How odd that I put in 2 comments, ended up in the mod lunge, but neither ever showed up! Didn’t say anything even remotely bad! Huh!

29. Poor little guy — he should be in water.

30. Kilroy and/or Ziggy, were my thoughts.

31. Yes! Like you can see where humanoids have come from the primordial ooze just based on this guy’s unfinished squishy ugly face.

32. He/she is adorable when swimming!

33. Here, let me fix that link for you. This one has actual information that probably answers a lot of people’s questions.

34. BOTH!!!

35. Sometimes, I don’t there is that much separation between that and some humanoids. :P

36. it’s what you were THINKING! Bwahaha!

37. thanks for finding this…much better in water

38. i think the little bit of snot coming out of the lips seals the deal on ugly.