Poll: Cute Or Ugly?

The Ugly Animal Preservation Society* has decided that this creature, the aptly-named “Blobfish,” is the Ugliest Creature In The World.

(*Editorial Disclaimer: I happen to think there is NO such thing as an Ugly Animuhl- they are all beautiful in their own way. Even….spiders.)

What do YOU think? Cute…or Ugly?

*This bunch did a YT video on this. But the video is so bad, not gonna give ’em a link. Wouldn’t be prudent.

1. To qualify my ugly vote, just because I think it’s ugly I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Though I swear, it looks unfinished.

2. Yes! Like you can see where humanoids have come from the primordial ooze just based on this guy’s unfinished squishy ugly face.

3. Sometimes, I don’t there is that much separation between that and some humanoids. :P

4. laughingcrowknits says:

I don’t think he’s ugly at all, in fact I see a sweet, sad little face!

5. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I gotta agree with The Editor on this. No one is ugly.

6. Mingus's Mom says:

Ok… that’s ugly. (although I wouldn’t say that to its face.)

7. It looks like somebody’s Uncle Bob. Don’t know why, it just does.

8. I was thinking more along the lines of “Ziggy.”

9. phred's mom says:

“Ziggy” it is. And, he is cute,
    but I wouldn’t want to kiss him.

10. OMG! It does look like Ziggy! Or a melting in the sun Ziggy…

11. Mary (the first) says:

Exactly what I thought (but not Bob, more like Great Uncle Melvin)! He just needs to put his teeth back in and he’ll be back to “normal”.

12. To its mother it is the most beautiful blob fish that ever existed.

13. I bet his mama doesn’t think he’s ugly and neither do I. :)

14. Definitely agree, not ugly at all. It’s cute.

15. This little guy has gotten a lot of press lately…he’s supposed to be in water. Would love to see what he’s like without gravity squishing him.

16. phred's mom says:

No wonder he looks sad.

17. Blue Footed Booby says:

How does it look when it’s still in the water? I’ve never seen a fish that looked quite right on land.

18. Very true.

19. Smartypants says:

Awww…I bet his Mom thinks he’s adorable!

20. There needs to be a 4th option for voting: EWE!!!

21. Looks like a pink phlegm-wad. Still is mean to call him ugly though.

22. Kinda reminds me of Kilroy without the fingers.

23. Kilroy and/or Ziggy, were my thoughts.

24. Maria Baskett says:

He’s not ugly but whatever that booger-looking thing is hanging out of his mouth isn’t attractive…….

25. petless in Puddletown says:

That’s what I was gonna say… and BESIDES, they’re not NEARLY as UGLY as naked mole rats.

26. petless in Puddletown says:

Begging your pardon, I should have said UNCLOTHED mole rat… but that’s what they’re called! (Pouting in the Mod Lounge)

27. There, there…. would you like your mimosa in a doggie bag?

28. superboymom says:

I’m pretty sure this sad little guy was in Men in Black . . . in the restaurant scene.

29. I’m sorry. That fish is ugly as sin. But as others have said, just because it’s ugly doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. I quite like the little guy (girl). Just because an animal isn’t cute doesn’t mean that it doesn’t deserve our attention. You make that ugly work for you, Blob fish!

30. thanks for finding this…much better in water

31. He/she is adorable when swimming!

32. And the winner in our “So ugly it’s cute” category is: Ziggy Blobfish !

33. Kari Callin says:

How odd that I put in 2 comments, ended up in the mod lunge, but neither ever showed up! Didn’t say anything even remotely bad! Huh!

34. it’s what you were THINKING! Bwahaha!

35. Poor little guy — he should be in water.

36. Here, let me fix that link for you. This one has actual information that probably answers a lot of people’s questions.

37. BOTH!!!

38. i think the little bit of snot coming out of the lips seals the deal on ugly.