THIS JUST IN: More On Nan The Injured Chick

Yesterday we told you the plight of Nan The Chick who was intentionally struck by a pair of male skateboarders in New Orleans. Nan is on the mend at Kasia’s Ark Bird Rescue, who has set up a Facebook page.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Humane Society at 1-888-6-HUMANE.

544891_1416001665289436_321201046_n

998479_1416001515289451_683485009_n

1236114_1416001295289473_1885461738_n

article-2417913-1BC30EAF000005DC-269_634x478

Story

Story1

1002209_1415834248639511_580349123_n
Video and images from Nan’s FB.

Comments

1. WHY?!!!????? We should ‘intentionally’ hit those A&&holes with their skateboards too. Why are some ‘humans’ like this? Why can’t they be sane? I am filled with rage.

2. Life finds a way despite the cruelty of man. Go little Nan!

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

The little hammock for sleeping is so sweet. Nan, you’re going to make it.

4. Wow, intentionally hurting a small animal. Isn’t that one of the signs of psychopathy? Those skateboarders sure sound like a pair of future serial killers to me.

5. Awww I am so glad she is doing better. I love the little sleeping hamock. If I lived on that coast I would apply to adopt her and add her to my baby chicks she looks to be close in age to mine.

6. Apparently somebody started chopping onions at the exact moment I saw that sleeping hammock. I just KNOW Nan is gonna make it, sweet baby chicklet.

7. What breed of chicken is Nan? In one of the pictures, there is a rusty red color “peeping” out among the black feathers.

8. twocityshibas says:

Ah, THAT’s what that is! *looking around for onions to blame*
    With such amazing caregivers, Nan is going to be 100% in no time. Go Nan!

9. Whenever I hear about a person hurting an animal, I just pray that they will be found and punished. And whenever anyone does anything so mean and so stupid, I wich the judges would make then explain why they did it and what they think they would accomplish by harming an innocent creature. I’d ask them, “Did this make your life any better?” and “Do you feel better about yourself now?” Same goes for people who hurt children, destroy cemeteries, rob from churches, etc… People need to answer for their actions.

10. Janet in NYC says:

Poor little chick, I wish I could take Nan home with me where she would get much love and support.

11. Nan is recovering nicely. She will be seen by an avian vet next week to make sure that both her little legs healed. Her progress is a slow one, but she is a fighter and is very determined. I’m expecting her to be walking and running around in no time.

12. Mingus's Mom says:

A – I hear ya, Winston.

B – Your comment shows you’ve got a good heart.

13. Mingus's Mom says:

So glad the little feather-ball is doing well…and I’m always so heartened by groups like Kasia’s!

14. WHO does that?!?! I wish I would have been driving by so I could have ran those stupid punks over!!!! If I even knew someone who hurt animals….omg lets just be glad otherwise i would prob be in prison..

15. If it was up to me, I’d go with a more violent form of punishment for those criminals who did this to the lil bird. I am outraged…

16. Agreed. I’d really be angry if I saw such an atrocity with my own eyes. BUT again those pricks were cowards. They did it to a chicklet and probably they did it where no one could SEE them.

17. Psychopaths.

18. I am also outraged, winston!

19. I would also like to add although I am not usually one to want to hurt anyone, but those two MORONS who did that to that poor little chick, Nan, would be in a world of hurt! I have a male friend who also has friends who would be more than happy to make those MORONS pay for what they did!

20. I second that, ScoutsMom!

21. Grace, those a******s are lucky I do not know where they live for their a***s would be grass because I would be the lawnmower followed by tossing the contents into a large woodchipper!

22. Lucy's mommeh says:

Looks like someone might be a house chicken. 😊 Hope she’s spoiled rotten the rest of her life.

23. I think they’ll find plenty of peeps here willing to provide alibis.

24. The next time the big tough scatter dudes eat their tough guy lunch at McDonalds, I hope the McNuggets scratch and claw their throats out and explode in their stomachs like in Aliens.

25. From your lips to God’s ear.

26. The cruelty in the world sometimes leaves me without breathing ability. But as always, the magnificent Mr. Rogers comes to help:
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.”

So people like the glorious Elly, and Kasia and her helpers at the bird sanctuary, who rescue and help, whether it be hoomins or anipals, are the BEST. Thinking about them gives me happy feels. And leetle Nan is soooo beautiful! What a brave peepster she is.

27. I think I’ll cross-stitch that and put it over the Mod Lounge door. It’s really lovely.

28. Smartypants says:

Kasia, that’s awesome – thank you so much for the work that you do!

29. Oh, thank you, Saffron. I needed to hear that.

30. Or better yet that thos McNuggets scratch and claw their way all through those jerks’ stomachs and pop out the other end, SlaveToCat!

31. I can’t believe there are people capable of doing this to a baby of any species!!!
    I really hope they break both their legs and when they are at the hospital they remember what a small little innocent baby bird is suffering right now because of them.
    Monsters.

32. Yep.

33. Poor little chick! Why would someone hurt a helpless animal? Thank goodness for amazing people like those who have helped this liittle chick!! Keep up the amazing work and you will have good karma.