Hi Honey, I’m Home!

OOF!!! Eh, nice to see you too, Chip!

Fave Frame:

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 9.03.21 AM
Via YouTube

Comments

1. It may have seen its reflection and jumped at it.

2. Well, I know _I_ jumped! Don’t usually see a gang of chipmunks, tho they don’t look like the ‘monks in my area.

3. I also have a chipmunk that I feed. Never came close to attack me. Eats out of my hand tho. Amazing video – I jumped. :-)

4. “Ahhhh, run away, run away!!”

5. Kari Callin says:

Dear gods, glad there was a chair behind me! It’s not as if the fave frame didn’t give it away, but STILL! Threw myself back exclaiming “HOlY cow!” Cheap entertainment for my coworker, who proceeded to point and laugh. ;)

6. Kari Callin says:

*HOLY ;)

7. Hi 6rabbits, another YouTube account says, “it was filmed at the Red Fort of Agra, an Indian landmark not far from the Taj Mahal.”

8. fish eye no miko says:

This looks like the sort of thing where people find an abandoned camera and decide to look through the pictures…

9. Martha in Washington says:

I bet the cameraperson said the same thing I did when that chipmunk jumped!

10. Martha in Washington says:

What kinda snacks we got in the Lounge tonight?

11. Those chipmunks looked (to my uneducated eye) like they may have been engaged in some sort of territorial and/or sexual dispute, so the one he zoomed in on may have already been on edge. Maybe that combines with the “reflection” theory. “I just got through fighting those two and now here’s another one!”

12. fleurdamour says:

Reminds me of the recent post where a squirrel mugged a student for his phone and took a selfie with it.

13. According to Google, these are Indian palm squirrels.

14. Would that make this courtyard the Taj Munkhal?

15. That chipmunk’s dynamite!

16. Smartypants says:

Yes – “The Blair Chipmunk Project”!

17. Stressfactor says:

“Look at the bones, man! Look at the bones!”

18. “Ninja!”
    for reference see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_ryIfz-zY

19. …info which _totally_ explains the unfamiliarity!

Early this morning there was this horrible chattering sound, and I moseyed around to the front yard tree to see what was up :-) and saw a small, obvy male, skweril with a nut in his mouth making all the ear-shattering noise. So, I started talking to him, like “what’s the matter, you’re the only one out here, why are you mad…” etc… And as I’m talking the clearly irate, sputtering, skweril is jumping his way towards me. When he got to the branch above me–approx 3 feet–and I looked into his eyes, I remembered this video…and quickly vamoosed to a safer distance. Too bad I didn’t have a camera with me!

20. Laura DragonWench says:

I laughed myself stupid at that video… and still managed to read the subtitles!

“You got some hazelnuts? No? Ninjaaaaaa!” LOL

21. I was in northern India last year & saw these dudes everywhere. It was pretty funny to see them all over various & sundry historic sites.