Take The Picture Already, Sara!

I can only hold this for so long!

9573258454_0a8b267e0d_z
“This is my mini doxie Blue who smiles all the time. We adopted him a few years ago from Austin Dog Rescue and it’s perhaps the best decision I’ve ever made.” -Sara R.

Comments

1. He looks like those old men that seem grumpy but are really sweet. And they smell kind of like pipe tobacco even though they don’t smoke any more because their wife made them quit.

2. 4leafclover says:

Cheeeese!

3. Lucy's Mommeh says:

The first time a saw a dog do this it freaked me out a bit. Going up the stairs at my friend’s house, and at the top of the stairs stood Mocha Bear. He was a pit lab mix. He was showing his teeth-like this little guy, and wagging his tail so fast..I called up to my friend-I didn’t know which end to believe! I was reassured that yes, he was smiling. Goofy thing did it every time I saw him. Not a mean bone in his body, unless it came to a teddy bear, and then-total destruction.

4. Dog Lover says:

He’s got nicer teeth than I do. Just sayin’. :)

Shelter/rescue dogs are The Best!!!!

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

I saw a video a while back with an orphaned fawn that had been raised by a dog. The little deer ran around wagging his tail! And then there was that video of the baby squirrel taken in by a momma cat and had learned to purr.

So maybe the smiledog could be imitating his people?

6. No “perhaps” about it, Sara R….Blue is the best decision you’ve ever made! What a doll!

7. lol, that is freaking fantastic! Love Love Love.

8. My boss’s dog does that too, and it took me a little while to realize it was a smile too! She’s really skittish and seems afraid, but then the tail is wagging too and it’s so confusing. But now every morning I come in she runs up “smiling” and looking evil, but I know better than to worry :) She also only has a mean streak against stuffed toys, haha.

9. Canine white, for the whitest teeth in the doghouse!

10. Our Rottie Angel used to do the same thing Lucy’s Mommeh. I never realized it looked scary to other people because she looked soooooo silly when she did it.

11. Adopting an animal that needs a good home is ALWAYS one of the greatest things anyone can do! Cute. :))

12. whalermeg says:

Why does he have human teeth!! my lhasa used to smile like this…but she had dog teeth!!

13. Granpaaa! Are you forgetting something?

14. One of my sisters had an Aussie who used to “grin” at his “Aunty CAT” (me) like that, it always made me laugh!!!

15. prinsasshelly says:

seconded.

16. prinsasshelly says:

are those doggie dentures?

17. This picture made me smile! what a cute pup!