THIS JUST IN: RIP 2 Wasabi-Chan

Got this note from Cuteporter Edward H., who just posted it on the CO FB page.

“It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of Wasabi-chan at 6:30pm Tokyo time today, the cute kitten in a mushroom costume who was featured here.”

Sigh, been a tough summer for our friends, from Schoep to Jay V. to Chase The Baseball Doggeh, and now Wasabi-chan.

When you love the furballs like we all do..it makes their passing that much harder, doesn’t it?

wasabi-chan-kitten-9

Clipboard01

Clipboard02

Comments

1. I’m so sorry to hear about this little angel. big comforting hugz from texas

2. :( Another angel gone to Heaven.

3. I just cried at my desk at work. D:

4. rescue gal says:

That tiny little baby went through so much in a short time. I hope she is at peace. Rest your sweet little soul now.

5. I can’t take any more of this… Too much lately, just too much.

6. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Such little sweetness. RIP.

Don’t forget the recent death of Wallace the Pit Bull, either. It’s been a tough time, lately.

7. That makes 2 of us crying at work… :(

8. GrannysPlace says:

So sorry about the passing of this sweet little furry angel.

9. I just wanted to say how sad this makes me and how glad I am that this kitten was given a fighting chance. I think many, many people are more able than they think to give comfort and love and a chance to animals who might otherwise not make it.

10. What rescue gal said. So sorry she didn’t make it, but at least she did know love.

Tough summer indeed. I can’t take much more of this. : (

11. This is, indeed, a very bad week for those of us who love our furry angels. A Facebook friend posted about the loss of a dear feral she cared for, and another posted about their beloved doggie’s passing. I cry when I think of the hurt and scared animals who leave this world without getting the love and care they deserve. At least this little one knew she was loved

12. I’m so very sorry and so very sad. Thank you for everything you did for the baby, for loving her, and for sharing her with us.

13. I couldn’t agree more. The saddest thing to come out of Japan since “Grave of the Fireflies”, in my book.

Budded on earth to bloom in Heaven.

14. I cried reading this. When I first read the story on yahoo about a month or two ago, I was so happy knowing that the little angel had a chance and would survive. I also cried when I read the story about how brutally those crows attacked her. That kind, generous,saintly women who took care of and nurtured the kitten should be very proud of herself, and should know she has a one way ticket to heaven. God bless you, and God bless you Wasabi-Chan, and may you have a wonderful time in heaven and live in peace forever. We will miss you. :(

15. If you didn’t know this little kitten was an angel, you did after looking at that last pic. It’s the picture of sweetness and innocence. It’s sad but also makes you think that it’s good to be alive. Most of us are fortunate enough to live with people that love us around us and don’t have to worry about sleeping out on the cold. I’m glad Wasabi had a chance to know that life, as well.

16. Coffee Cup says:

Must. Not. Cry.

Much.

17. I’m so sad to hear about Wasabi-Chan’s little soul leaving us. ;( My rescued kitty recently passed away too, I feel immensely for everyone involved right now. There’s no consolation for such a loss so soon, but I am thankful we had the chance to witness that little light shine so bright.

18. Sad now :(

19. You were dearly loved all over the world and by your hooman’s at home, sweet Wasabi-Chan.

Now I has a sad.

20. Thanks for stopping by, lil’ fuzzy Wasabi-Chan. You were awesome and made many people happy all around the world.

21. *sigh* This is too much sadness. We also lost Homer the Blind Cat recently, whose inspirational story and book gave him many fans.

Will miss the sweet Wasabi-chan pictures on her Twitter feed. Bet her poor doggie friend is pretty sad too. *sniff sniff*

22. So glad I did _not_ read this at work. My heart hurts, espec when I gaze at that last soul-stealing photo. I’m glad she had a chance to experience so much love. God Bless her humans’ devotion. Be at peace, sweet one.

23. Clairdelune says:

Such sweetness should last forever… but it doesn’t, so I’m grateful to all hoomans who rescue such fuzzy treasures and at least give them the chance to brighten our world even for a short while. I will cuddle my rescue fuzzy baby a little longer tonight.

24. AWW :cry: I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dear sweet rescued kitty, Brittany :cry: (BIG CYBER HUG)

25. AWW :cry: Rest in peace, dear sweet Wasabi-chan :cry: You will be missed :cry:

26. Please give your dear sweet rescued fuzzy baby a cuddle for me, Clairdelune :cry: I would do so in person if I could :cry:

27. Oh, I am so very sorry, especially when they are taken so young. It has to tear a hole in your heart.

28. Rest in peace, furbaby angel … ='(

29. Reminded me of a kitten we had for only 3 days. :( RIP Wasabi-chan.

30. Rips through me like knife. I’m sorry for your loss. Just cry it out and never forget a fabulous, wonderful family member. Sending you comforting hugs.

31. Sending hugs to Brittany. :(

32. Hugs, Brittany. It’s never easy.

33. MinglesMommy says:

My condolences for the loss. At least this little critter’s short life was one full of love.

34. Well, as Lil Bub told me when my dog was getting ready to leave me in March, all pets are immortal, they just go back to space. Lots of love, little guy, it’ll only seem like a few minutes before your people are there to scritch and kiss you. And we’re all your people. :’^(

35. RIP Little One

36. read post ohh no darn it!
    he was well loved in his life, such a blessing for him.
    hugs an a heartfelt thanks to his family

37. Peanutcat says:

I can’t see clearly for some reason . . . . .

38. Dog Lover says:

So sad. That’s really all I can say, through my tears.

39. I has a huge sad now.

40. Same thing for me…so sad. Glad she knew some loving.

41. Wasabi Chan… RIP…