Here We Go Again

“I was at a department store in Japan when they had a special on Animal Chocolates and the chef was there demonstrating her skill. You can pick 5 animals for about $15. I took a picture of a display showing cats. Too cute to eat! Thought I’d submit the photos after seeing Cat Donuts.” -Cuteporter Katy G., Huntington Beach, CA.

IMG_4108

IMG_4105

Comments

1. I must have them. Now. A friend and I are seriously considering a trip to Japan next spring just for yarn and cuteness.

2. sabrina rose says:

Definitely a worthwhile plan. Hope you bring back photos to post! And don’t forget those tiny crocheted animals!

3. SlaveToCat says:

I want that job. Chocolate, Kittens, and Cute. What could possible go wrong.

4. Tiny sugar tophats on tiny sugar bears. Little Paws Petit Fours. Japan is kicking our a$$ in all things cute.

5. Omg. Seriously. Is it something in the water over there? :)

6. Copperbat says:

Seriously, Japan? An edible chocolate pug in a boater hat? Insanity!

7. Clairdelune says:

If you are lucky enough to have a real Japanese-owned bakery in your neck of the woods, go check it out… cute galore!!! Cute AND absolutely delicious in the best European dessert tradition… Perfect. :-D

8. Kari Callin says:

I DESPERATELY want to walk into ANY PLACE and say: “Yes, can I please have, to go, a fox in a yellow top hat, a pug in a straw hat, and a polar bear in a red fez. Thanks! ” :D

9. Every time one of these posts comes up, I picture the proprieters of the site shaking their fists at the sky, yelling, “JAPAAAAAAN!!!!!”

10. You have now given me one more reason to go to Yokohama! :D

11. That’s where I was born and raised!!! Now I miss it so much…

12. I’m most impressed by the fact that she’s wearing a face mask. I wish more bakery people would do that in America.

13. Smartypants says:

Must…have…pug wearing hat!

14. I have my Canadian Passport, dgerish :D Can I come along too? :D

15. Nothing that I can think of, SlaveToCat :D

16. I will look up any Japanese-owned bakery out here on the West Coast of Canada, Clairdelune :D The only thing is I could not even think of eating any chocolate shaped kitties :D They would be TOO CUTE to eat :D

17. meriweather says:

At least anyone who lives near a Moonstruck Chocolate in the pacific Northwest can get their fill of 2Cute2Eat dogs, mice, and cat truffles– as well as seasonal animals. (Election year it was elephants and donkeys, natch.)