Is The 10:15 Running Late, Tama?

Japan is just piling on at this point.

“Please, please consider adding this to the Japan Cute Assault arsenal: Tama the cat saved the train line AND spawned a cat-themed train!” -Amy H.

9502558707_1a308be796_z

We featured Tama several years back. Tama is “Super Station Master and Operating Officer at Kishi Station in Kinokawa, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan.” From FB.

9505355908_a5655a6fba_c

Nuts, the plush Tama stuffies are out of stock. Maybe you’d like the book instead? (Of course there’s a book.)

9505356254_de11e7ac54_c

800px-Super_Station_Master_TAMA

3593714699_ef7e6fc2a9_b

Comments

1. crashnandicoot says:

Squawk! I’m in love with Tama and the whole Tama train thing. Sign me up! I want to ride that train! A tiny engineer cap for Tama. I can’t take any more!

2. Start writing your filks to the tune of “Skimbleshanks”… NOW.

3. The “official” Tama plush is here for 850 yen http://ichigoec.com/ca5/296/p0-r-s/ And of course there are Tama t-shirts, snacks, buttons, stamps, and more! http://ichigoec.com/

4. SlaveToCat says:

oh my freaking cat.
    I’m telling the Boston MBTA to replace all their trains with cat and dog themes. No reason why we cant have a world class transit system like Japan. North & South Maru Stations. The Mugamu platform. Black Lab Express. The Boston Terrier line. and Customer Service could be housed in the Bun Building.

5. Love this. What a fun story.

6. Uncle! Uncle!

Geez, isn’t there some kind of ‘mercy rule’ in the cute world? You know, like when one softball team is so far ahead they just call the game out of pity? Because let’s face it, no one will ever catch up to Japan.

7. P.S. We are also being overrun with gorgeous calicoes this week. Just sayin’.

8. That is one stern-looking conductor in pic #2!

9. CO (Brinke), you are one helluva cute wrangler. The extra videos and links to merchandise? How…? Hats off to you, man. Make that tiny little conductors’ hats off to you.

10. Coffee Cup says:

I need Tama to enforce the quiet car on the Acela train.

“NO. TALKING. IN. THE. QUIET. CAR.”

11. One thing is certain, those Japanese cuteologists seriously commit when they find something adorable. I mean, did you notice that the station itself is built to look like a cat, complete with teeny ears on top of the building?!? Impressive doesn’t even begin to describe this. SO freaking cute!

12. Oombelievable!

13. Dog Lover says:

I couldn’t agree more. Japan is in another galaxy of qte which we have no hope of ever reaching. Whatever happened to American ingenuity?!?!

14. I know! It’s gotten to the point I am scared to wake up in the AM and turn on the Intertubes for fear of what they’ve whipped up next. Truly, the whole country operates on a higher level of The QTE than anywhere else. Wish I knew how they did it.

15. At the 1:00 mark, on the second video, for those who want to see the cute building.

>’.'<

16. Same here, crashnandicoot :D

17. OMG Could she get any cuter… and seriously I wish our trains were so clean and nice. and cat themed. Did you see the cool library. And I am officially unable to do any more work today! I have been done in by the cute.

18. The T stands for Tabby, doesn’t it?

19. Clairdelune says:

In Japan, the QTE never stops… starts first thing in the A.M. when you put on your qte bathroom slippers before you enter the toilet (mine had pictures of baby boys aiming at the toilet…) and continues relentlessly the rest of the day with qte TV commercials and qte snacks and qte office girls!!! ;-D

20. :) Amen, Coffee Cup. People, I do NOT want to listen to your cell phone calls. (Yes, I am an old f*rt :) )
    But is purring allowed?

21. Makes me want to visit Japan even more ..

22. Christina says:

So does the train go anywhere? Also, when I saw the top picture on the right with the leash and the hat….I immediately thought it looked like a cat dressed for some kind of S & M thing. I swear I’m not a weirdo, I’m just sayin’.

23. firecat88 says:

Oh my gosh. She’s a real-life version of Skimbleshanks from Cats. :D

24. Thank you so much!

25. I was just going to say that “Tama” must be the Japanese translation of Skimbleshanks. :3