USS Enter-purrrrise

To boldly nap where no cat has napped before!

“You don’t need to be a ‘Trekkie*’ to love this cat tree. If you use this I’m Gigi- keep the cute stuff coming! (The cat is not mine, his name is Saavik according to the web site. I was looking for a cat tree for my cats when I found this amazing one.)”

9466173735_0b9a656187_z
(*Everyone knows that’s a Romulan Bird Of Prey down below, duh.)

Comments

1. Sasha's Mum says:

This cat obviously auditioned to play Data’s “Spot.”

2. Captain, we have an unidentified purring creature napping on our hull and it isn’t some cheesy special effect like usual on this show. Should I deploy the photon torpedoes or the squeaky toys.

3. victoreia says:

I find it incredibly ironic that the ad poll on this post is about who your favorite captain is…..

4. The lower ship might also be a Starfleet ship like the USS Reliant from Wrath of Khan:

I have cemented my nerd credentials.

5. Warp factor squeee! I sent that in, yeah!

6. “Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
    An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
    Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
    Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.”

7. The lower ship is very likely a romulan warbird from the original TV series. It’s probably hard to recognize though, since I think the model was only used in one episode of the old show and in the more modern series romulan ships look nothing like it.

8. Nah, definitely a BoP. You’ll notice the nacelles are below the dish on the Reliant. (And no one picked up on the URL!)

9. Such mewsic hath charms to soothe the Saavik beast.

10. God forbid I should click the link. ;)

I don’t read manuals, either, then I wonder why nothing works right.

11. fleurdamour says:

Hey! It’s actually got to be the Kobayashi MARU!

12. Save the minty nip for last, that’s our secret weapon should all else fail.

13. Clairdelune says:

Yes you have. Congrats. :-D

14. Definitely a Romulan Bird of Prey. And the Enterprise here is the first version, NCC-1701, “no bloody A, B, C or D”.

15. Clairdelune says:

Saavik needs a chin skritch, I can tell.
    I MUST have one of those trees!! Complete with sleeping feline-type alien, of course.

16. You know, there were two Saavik’s. Kirstie Alley wanted too much $ to come back, so Robin Curtis took over. True Vulcans are NOT greedy.

17. You loved that episode too? Scotty was always my favorite.

18. Yuri Bell says:

I thought Kirstie Alley didn’t come back because of family troubles. Meh.

19. fleurdamour says:

PS. Don’t you mean a BooP?

20. fleurdamour says:

Scientology, meh.

21. fleurdamour says:

Undetermined Feline Object

22. Miss_Tara says:

Lt. Saavik’s not a true Vulcan. She’s half Romulan. That might explain some of the greed.

23. Yay, Gigi!!

24. fleurdamour says:

Make it so.

25. Cutest thing I have ever seen! Seriously love it!!

26. Who is also a very Badly Spoiled one, fleurdamour, like ALL kitties are :D

27. Pretty sure kitty is a she, if her name is Saavik ;)

28. YAY!!!!!!! Loves the Trek!! This is just too much…..wonder if my hubby would build one of these for my kitties?

29. In The Pandora Principle, a Star Trek novel about Saavik’s back-story, the name “Saavik” is translated as meaning “Little Cat”.
    I have no idea whether this cat’s owner has read the book and is making a joke with the name or if it’s just a delightful coincidence, but it makes me really happy:) Kudo’s Saavik’s Owner.

30. The Magic M says:

Loosely speaking, there were three. The character of Valeris in ST6 was originally planned to be Saavik and was changed only when neither Alley nor Curtis were available for the role.