Save The Pufflings! (Part II)

Remember our story about how these adorabuhl little maniacs wander into town and hunker under cars ’cause they’re, well, confused? Now we’ve got some equally adorabuhl video straight from Iceland via Animal Planet (and Cuteporter Isabel T.)

Comments

1. There is a very sweet children’s book about this–“Night of the Pufflings”

2. So wonderful for those children to learn to appreciate and respect animals at such a young age. Also: Iceland ftw!

3. And those puffin road signs! Love ‘em!

4. Rixraxmarie says:

I think I need to live in Iceland.

5. Sort of like a feathery, mobile easter-egg hunt.

6. I need to move to a place where children sneak about at night with lanterns and rescue pufflings.

7. Is Iceland taking new people?

8. I know what you mean. Getting pulled in two directions–Iceland or Japan.

9. Confused. This video was posted earlier. Or something is wrong with my internets. If I scroll down I see the Fav Frames from it in an earlier post, but the video there is now wrong… Confused. Thank fluff its just confusion about cute videos. :)

10. OHMYGOD. so many levels of cute!

11. That is so adorable…the kids, the baby puffins, such a neat thing to do, it makes my heart go pitter-pat to watch that video. Yea Iceland!!!! Yea kids!

12. Awesome job, kids! Saving the world one puffin at a time. :o

13. One more reason for me to love Iceland!

14. I don’t know why, but this video really affected me. It’s as if it takes place in an alternate reality where there’s no war or crime or sickness, and kids just go around rescuing puffins from cats — and giving them a few days to eat fish before sending them on their way. But it isn’t an alternate reality, it IS our reality, it’s just that we don’t see it very often, because the other stuff gets in the way.

15. How adorable! Lovely to see children being taught to care for nature!

16. 4leafclover says:

This video has such a magical, lyrical quality. Against the backdrop of an idyllic Icelandic town, children wander the streets at night, lighting the way with lanterns, searching for newborn birds to rescue from cats and other dangers. It’s like something from a storybook!

17. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Makes me sad.

18. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

That one cat looked like he might have eaten a puffin or two!

19. Beautifully said.

20. i totally cried.

21. so true. It’s amazing how much of “nature” we have lost in the name of progress. Seems like this would be a movie and not reality. Too bad we can’t make normal life the movie and have this story be reality all over the world.

22. mollykubik says:

Me too. So hard to watch in a way, then the real world hits you in the face.

23. mollykubik says:

Lol. He did look interested!

24. Smartypants says:

Hi, this happens to me regularly. Like, if you’re scrolling down the main page, the videos don’t match up with the titles, but the Fave Frames are correct. But just click on Comments, and it’ll bring up the right video (at least, it does for me).

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

It was his girthage that I noticed.

26. This made me tear up… [sniff sniff] There is a wonderful world out there, all around us – we should all focus more on the good parts.,,

27. And let’s not forget Scotland, with the ponies in sweateuhs and golden retriever festivals…

28. Awwww – I totally want to be on a Puffling Patrol!!

29. puffins are sooo wonderful, bet they would have walked into the sea

30. <3 just what I needed to watch when I'm in a bad mood!

31. <3 just what I needed to watch when I'm in a bad mood!

32. twocityshibas says:

I for one am glad to know that there are kind compassionate children in the world and there is always hope for humanity. (Something I’m reminded of almost every time I visit CO.)

33. Good description Pat!

34. The world is full of light, and beauty and compassion and love. We’re just too busy to notice it…

“With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.” Max Ehrmann, “Desiderata”.

35. I needed to see this today, thank you.

36. mitzithecat says:

glad i wasn’t the only one. what a cool video!

37. And also his obvious interest. “What’s that? Rescuing fat little birdies that smell of delicious seafood? I’ll help! I’ll help!”

38. Otterlady says:

This vid made me proud that I’m part Icelandic. My Grandfather’s Mother came from there. Good on those little cousins of mine. Puffins Rule!