Hiiii glow worm, how’s it going? And going and going?

Jellooo, (g’loop g’loop g’loop) I am Pyrostremma Spinosum. (sploooooosh) But mah friends call me Sea Squirt. (burble burble blub blub) I’m full of zooids, ’cause I’m a freakazoid.

Fave Frame:

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 2.58.25 PM
Daily Mail, where divers are quoted as saying, “…they’re also delicate and fluffy. Like a feather boa.”

Comments

1. Looks like the water tentacle from The Abyss.

2. rescue gal says:

Oh man- real life is SOOOOOO much cooler than science fiction.

3. rescue gal says:

Speaking of, does this remind anyone else of The Abyss?

4. Stunbunny says:

Let me get this straight… there are giant protozoa. Living in the ocean. Right now. And this is how I’m finding out? SETI is clearly asleep at their telescopes.

5. *hides under desk*

6. YES!!!

7. Scoot over I’m coming in!! 8O

8. Though I find this interesting, I’m not feeling overloaded with cute.

9. That’s NOT cute.

10. I have to disagree with the author on this one- these animals are not freakazoids. They’re just awesome! Poor word choice.

11. Martha in Washington says:

I thought I’d seen it all. Obviously, I was wrong! Very cool!

12. I am also a leetle frightened. May I join you two?

13. Who wants to spend a day at the beach?! I’ll drive. I have extra noodles and swimmies for anyone who needs them. Well just swim and frolic in the water all day.

14. Wow. Sometimes we’ve just got to admit how small and insignificant we are compared with all the wonders around us that we don’t even know are there.

And how lucky those divers are.

15. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’m just gonna leave this here

16. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’d agree it’s more beautiful than cute, but It’s amazing enough it gets a pass.

17. I LOVE the “True Facts” videos!! That was a great one, I hadn’t seen that one before :)

18. I think this was wicked cute. It looked like a big gentle giant just cruisin’ the water, having a relaxing good time!

19. We’re gonna need a bigger desk…

20. Okay, I watch just about every nature documentary available and read many books, yet somehow I did not know about these! My mind boggles…

…and the sea pig video :lol:

21. Apparently, you need to spell it “do***entary” Haven’t even had coffee yet, so there better be some blueberry muffins and elixir of life in this here mod lounge…

22. Classic!

23. Smartypants says:

Since it’s aquatic, should it be a DOCK-u-mentary?

24. Martha in Washington says:

*searching through the drawers for bathing suit*

Wait for me! I know it’s here somewhere!

25. Martha in Washington says:

This was the perfect start to my day! Is that the Old Spice Guy narrating?

26. What part of this is supposed to be cute? You guys are losing your edge

27. What a fan-freaking-tastic amazing world we live in!

28. I like the music.

29. I don´t know if I´m the only missing something here, and although this is very fascinating, can somebody tell me where exactly is the Cute in this post/video???

30. Totally!

31. My very first thought before I even watched the video was, “Raise your hand if you think that was a Russian water tentacle!”

32. ‘Twas merely a play on the word zooids. Zzzzoooooidzzz.

33. The bubbles. Bubbles are always cute.

34. Wait, what, it was a play on words? I thought it was a description of the shiny disco prowess of this aquatic creature. So you are now saying it cannot freak out on the dance floor? I am disappointed. :D

35. I half expect it to blow smoke rings, and say, “Who are youuuu?”

36. lisaLASSIE says:

Pyrit, thank you for including his actual language along with the English translation. Is there a Rosetta Stone for that?

37. Wow. OK, I recalled the tune a little and had to look up what year that was made, 1982! Who remembers, “She’s supah freakay – yow!” a la Rick James?