Maru/Hana UPDATE!

Mugumogu has posted again about Maru and their new friend, Hana. Yep, according to Wikipedia (and Cuteporters Jouni (Cyberpunkrocker) R. from Finland, Nikki K., Andrew Y. and David P., reporting from the field) that’s the name!

Here goes:

“The day before Chibi cat is coming, round of exploration in the good old cage. As soon as it was put Chibi maruha, the cage once a not good at confined, large screaming in protest. (Not mind if you open even door.)”

20130809-02

“The day Before When a kitten comes over ‘. … like not like there is a trauma softening.’ This cage reminds me of my childhood: Maru Marsan care of Sorry It is not, but tomorrow, important customers will come here. Hey Maru, an important guest will come over to this cage tomorrow.”

20130809

“‘Customers important …?’ Maru [An important guest?] Next day, Chibi cat IN at that. And the kitten came over the next day data Chibi cat nose (one second ease nominal.) Name: Gender: Female hybrid type: Hana: Kitten’s name Female Mongrel.”

20130809-01

Comments

1. *High fours Maru’s paws*

2. He’s playing the cello in honor of her arrival.

3. Blue Footed Booby says:

I love the look cats give you when you interrupt a “personal grooming” session. Sometimes they freeze with their tongue out.

4. .. well .. It is kind of a box .. hehe

5. I would say “Let’s give him back his dignity,” but this is Maru we’re talking about.

6. I think we need a video of “large screaming in protest.”

7. MinglesMommy says:

I miss my cat’s kitten days… there’s nothing like a kitten face!!!

8. I can’t get enough of the translations. :D

9. Coffee Cup says:

Even the guest cage is spotless. Hairless, spotless, and perfect.

10. Hana is beautiful. Wishing everyone the best……especially Maru…..he will have to learn to share all those boxes. :)

11. …And, the name “Hana” means “flower” in English. She looks a bit like pretty flower, don’t you think?

12. That last picture looks like what my cat does whenever you walk into the room when she’s grooming. She stops and looks at you like “um…could you come back later?” And won’t start grooming again until you’ve left her alone.

13. They are really something, aren’t they?

I had a theater friend who did a production where he ran Christmas carol lyrics through an online translator in various languages, then took the translations and ran them through the online translator back into English. He sang the translated tunes during the performances. Funny show!

14. I speak Japanese and I love Cuteoverload and Maru! Here is a proper translation of the Japanese from Maru’s blog post:

The day before chibi-cat comes, Maru explores the familiar old cage.
    In the past, Chibi-Maru wasn’t ok with the door being closed. As soon as he was put into the cage, he’d let out a big scream of protest. (As long as the door was open he was fine).
    [PHOTO1]
    “I kind of do and kind of don’t have trauma…”

Mr. Maru, pardon the interruption of your grooming, but tomorrow, an important guest will be coming.
    [Photo2]
    “An important guest…?”

[Photo3]
    So he said and the next day, chibi-cat IN.

Chibi-cat Data
    Name: Hana (Easy-to-say is number one)
    Sex: Female
    Breed: Mixed

15. I say that’s the “I left the oven on” look.

16. I hope Mugumogu makes a video of the two of them soon >:3

17. “Large screaming in protest” reminds me of all my workplaces.

18. Both are cute as a button (well, in different sizes, though!). Quick translation:

This is Maru exploring his old cage the day before the kitten (chibi-neko) came. Little Maru hated to be locked up, and he would always cry as soon as we put him in the cage. He was OK as long as the door was open, though.

Maru: I’m not sure if I have a trauma about this or not…

Sorry for barging in while you’re busy, Maru, but an important guest is coming tomorrow.

Maru: An important guest?

And so, the kitten came the next day.

19. Haha… [dancing in my cube] I’m starting a new job in about a week. WooHoo!

20. What a fun idea!

21. Blue Footed Booby says:

I played an internet spaceship game where I was part of a group that basically existed to troll the other game groups, particularly a certain group of racist Portuguese soccer hooligans (long story). My profile page had a picture of a bald eagle, then the preamble of the Constitution run through google translate a few times. I did that with all my posts on the game’s forums, too. It was glorious.

The trick is to pick the right languages: German and back to English to get the subjects and verbs out of order, then Chinese and back to ensure that none of the words are the right words.

~*memories*~

22. Good luck with the new job!

23. I know what you mean, I used to attend a Chinese film festival years ago in Montréal and the subtitles were sometimes so funny they were better than the movie!

24. I hope Maru doesn’t get to jealous of Hana I have one cat Mia that can’t stand it if I pay any attention to my other cats like petting or brushing, she’ll come and get between me and the other cat every time.

25. Perfundle says:

I’ve noticed that mugumogu sometimes doesn’t translate the stuff that paints Maru in a somewhat negative light, like that time when she thought he was scared of that pigeon he was stalking. Anyways, here are the translated Japanese portions:

The day before the kitten was to arrive, Maru explored the old cage. When he was small, he used to hate being enclosed in the cage, and would protest loudly when he got put in (but would be fine if the door was opened).

Maru: Being in here seems traumatic somehow…

Sorry to interrupt your grooming, Maru, but there will be a very important guest coming tomorrow.

Maru: An important guest?

The kitten came over the next day.

Kitten’s name: Hana (comes easily when called)
    Female
    Mixed-breed

26. …..and dignity has nothing to do with it, right?

27. But will the boxes be big enough for both Maru and the new kitten?

28. Bows and then bows again. You are a god.

29. Thank you so much!

Looks like I answered the question I was gonna ask….

Chibi (ちび or チビ) is a Japanese slang word meaning “short person” or “small child.”

30. 6rabbits says:

Totally explains those weird (but humorous) instructions on products from foreign countries!

31. 6rabbits says:

Gotta say, LOVE the variations in translation from our cuteoverloaders! Thanks! :-)

32. lisaLASSIE says:

Very kind of you, Filab, thank you.

33. lisaLASSIE says:

Good luck ceejoe.

34. Smartypants says:

Yes, and all of them so much better than Google! (I’m surprised Google Translate hasn’t caused any international incidents yet!)

35. Google doesn’t do too badly with the romance languages–may be some awkward phrasing or suchlike–but I would never trust it with languages that don’t use the same alphabet! (My Arabic speaking 4th grader giggled a lot when I tried to use google translate to make her some Arabic to English phrase cards!)

36. We should start a countdown clock on how long it’ll be before Maru makes his first attempt at getting rid of the kitten, ala Simon’s Cat/Garfield. Hopefully they’ll get it on camera.

Thinking it’ll be Maru teaching the kitten how to dive-slide into a box and then closing it up and slapping a stamp on it when Hana succeeds. “Hmm, what’s the farthest place I know of? Amazon.com it is…”

37. Good luck with your new job, ceejoe :D