The Connoisseur Speaks

What do I look for in a fine wine? Well, I could bore you with the stock response about a heady aroma, subtle tones of fruit, a clean finish, that sort of thing.

Or I might speak instead of that intangible spirit only great wines possess: That rare ability to transport the soul from the mundane table to lands far away, the bistros of Paris, the sands of Ibiza, where life and wine are savored as no place else.

But I’m a cat, so I just like to count the bubbles.

Marilia C. writes: “Arya is my stray cat, I adopted her when she was 1 month old. She is like a shadow… and inspects everything I do.”

Comments

1. She doesn’t chase mice. They come to her.

Dogs run away whenever she is nearby.

She is The Most Interesting Cat in the World.

“I don’t often drink wine but when I do, its always Panul. Stay thirsty, my friends.”

2. heh.

3. It’s World Cat Day, and only one cat post on CO. Joyce is sad :(

4. SlaveToCat says:

Arya is most disapproving of this wine selection.
    She knows that a hearty red means beef or, god forbid, a tomato pasta dish, and absolutely no fish. No fish means No Tuna for Arya tonight.
    Arya is trying to decide which human will be wearing this glass of wine.

5. Exactly!

6. She looks like my boy black cat, and that is the best way I can describe him: a shadow. Always wants to know what I’m doing, always follows me everywhere. Cute 95% of the time, annoying the rest. ;)

7. Prose such as this: “Or I might speak instead of that intangible spirit only great wines possess: That rare ability to transport the soul from the mundane table to lands far away, the bistros of Paris, the sands of Ibiza, where life and wine are savored as no place else” sends delicious shivers up my psyche and inspires me to lift my glass of cream sherry, burnished gold with a subtle aftertaste of walnuts, in salute to the poetic skills of NTMTOM, as I sip slowly and contemplate the fate that lies before me on my trek through this mortal dimension.

8. I wonder what Henri, le chat noir, would have to say about this.

9. Clairdelune says:

heh heh

10. Clairdelune says:

Oh my. Now I have to go find some wine and pour myself a glass, even though I don’t even like the stuff.

11. Clairdelune says:

I wonder how long will be before that glass of wine is staining the table top and dripping on the floor… if that were my cat, the Enemy of All Filled Glasses, it would take about five seconds. :-)

12. Mauderules says:

OK, so first, some would say that Arya adopted her hoomin, and that she supervises her hoomin’s doings rather than merely inspecting them. Arya, for example, would probably say that. So would my little Peanut and Clara.
    And second, to add some dusty pedantry to NTMTOM’s inspired wine-speak, please note that Carmenere, the “Lost Grape of Bordeaux,” is the perfect varietal for the Most Interesting Cat in the World, even if she is only supervising bubbles. It kind of disappeared from the wine-making scene in France back in the days of the Phylloxera plague but in the mean time was stepping high, wide, and handsome in Chile. It is my understanding that the grape was not often made into a wine on its own in France, rather being used to strengthen other grapes, but in Chile it was first confused with a Merlot grape and then finally, in like the 1990’s, recognized for its true self and is now its own very proud varietal.
    Just saying. I hope the wine mavens won’t overload me with corrections. I just wanted to point out the overwhelming appropriateness of Gizmo’s identification of Arya as the Most Interesting Cat in the World supervising the Most Mysterious Varietal in the World.

13. Mauderules says:

I want you all to know that I’ve been here in the Mod Lounge for nearly an hour. For those who don’t use questionable text, please note that we have Pisco Sours tonight,

14. OMG Arya made it!!!!
    I am so happy, I just printed all comments so I can read them to her!
    I wish you all knew her, she is a lovely cat, very adorable and a great friend!
    And don´t worry, Arya loves tuna, but also loves a steak!!!!!

15. <3

16. LoL…. Arya loves steak too!!!

17. Arya doesn’t try to get glasses, she chases my timer clocks…

18. Sheer, NOMTOM Brilliance, hover text included!!!!!!

19. Rescute tag? I love you, NOMTOM. Also, Marilia, thank you for adopting your lovely stray kitty. I also love black cats – GBCWBGE. :)

20. WIN!!!

Kitteh prefers wine that has just a hint of dead mouse and top notes of catnip.

21. Arya is a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful kitteh! I am so glad you found each other. <3 <3 <3

22. Win!

23. murkle46 says:

Cats see things we dont

24. Classic

25. Heh heh. I have 10 cats, so no matter WHAT I’m doing, I have at least one or two shadows. It’s just a matter of the odds. Except taking a shower. And I’m convinced that subliminally, that’s the reason I take looooong wasteful showers.

26. heh heh heh

27. Clairdelune says:

True – and at times it gets creepy when I see my kitty following things with her eyes and turning her head around in my darkened room… :-o

28. Clairdelune says:

True, and at times it gets creepy when my kitty follows something with her eyes and turns her head to stare in dark corners at night…

29. Clairdelune says:

OK, THIS is creepy also, I CANCELLED the first comment because the “Post Comment” button did not work…

30. Drinking a chilean wine? this cat knows the best!!

31. summermixx says:

AwwwWWW!! Curious kitty, sniffin hooch and blinkin around. Probably.

32. :lol: Of course, ceejoe :lol: Your dear sweet 10 kitties want to make sure you are so very nice and clean :lol:

33. AWW :D I am so glad to hear that you were able to give dear sweet Arya a loving forever home, Marilia Compagnoni :D How old is your dear sweet kitty, Arya :D I would just LOVE to give her lots and lots of cuddles :D

34. Same here, ceejoe :D