Panda Power! (Taipei Style)

Cute Overload Peeps, please give a warm welcome to Newby Panda Tuan Tuan!

Get a LOAD OF THIS FUZZ!!! (Sorry- get excitable talkin’ about pandas.)

9387740119_b02e035580_z

Tuan Tuan was born at the Taipei Zoo July 6th to nine-year-old Giant Panda Yuan Yuan.

9387740647_26ecfe7ffb_z

Mail Online says “The panda was born at the Taipei Zoo after three years filled with seven failed pregnancies for the mother. Natural pregnancy among pandas is relatively rare.”

9390515214_c271f03972_z

Visitors to the Taipei Zoo won’t get to see Tuan Tuan for another couple of months.

9390515378_839035068d_z

Mom Yuan Yuan was a gift to Taiwan from China.

9390515678_30e25da911_z

Tuan Tuan’s weight has already doubled!

zoo

Tuan Tuan + Yuan Yuan together mean “reunion.”

9390515982_d64004de33_z

Tuan Tuan gets to stay in Taiwan- usually any cubs born abroad from a Chinese-loaned Panda are returned to China.

9390515820_c43971f59b_z

Comments

1. Sucking paw action = DED!!

2. poppygin says:

OMG…so adorable! But for the love of all that is fuzzy and cuddly, i need sound! Know what I mean? Just some little bebeh panda sounds to go with that vid! Why would Taipei Zoo do that to us?? Surely there’s a mic on that video camera. hmmmph.

3. First and last pics: He can do that curly thing with his tongue! Everything about this little guy is cute beyond measure! I’s done now. Splatt!!!

4. tiamatsdg says:

I’m sorry, that was not thumb-sucking. That was whole-paw sucking.

5. OMG the yawningks and the fuzzzzzzzzzzzz
    DED

6. Hmmmyeah says:

The baby panda is actually still nameless as it’s not quite clear what gender it is. There will probably be some contest to name the critter. Tuan Tuan is actually it’s dad’s name…

7. bluebird says:

Earsies!

8. Dog Lover says:

I didn’t realize how tiny he was until I saw that he’s barely bigger than his caregiver’s thumb. Oh. My. God!!!!

9. I didn’t hear any sound w the video, but if there was, I bet there’d be classic Ehn! sounds from the little guy!

10. SlaveToCat says:

ohhhhh I can feel the static cling when I snuggle with him.

11. skippymom says:

The last one looks as though he is saying “No more pictures, please”.

12. *THUD*

13. Oh man .. I can’t bear it anymore .. Stop The unBEARable Cuteness !!

14. Talk to the paw .. I’m busy ..

15. He’s adorable! But I’m a little puzzled.. it says “natural pregnancies among pandas is rare” or something .. does that mean only in zoos? Cuz otherwise, seems like they would have been gone long ago.

16. Anyone else think they look they are covered in cotton candy?

17. murkle46 says:

Sorta looks like a wad of good and plentys that rolled under the dryer.Do they still make those?

18. skippymom says:

good point–I think they must mean only in zoos

19. 6rabbits says:

My friend just came back from a 3 week trip to China where she got to HOLD a baby panda!!!! This preserve only allows 14 people a day to hold a baby and each baby can only be held by 4 people, who each get 1 minute of snuggle time. My friend’s panda was 30lbs. and first you have to be trained on how to hold them and where to pet them! She learned so much amazing unknown stuff about pandas!

I love the leetle curlink tonguesie! Squeeeeeeeeeee!

20. How on earth do they start out soooo teeny and become such big cuddly cuddles?!

21. From the looks of that yawn, Tuan Tuan should have been named Tie Tie.

22. Teeny tiny fuzzy ear nubbins!

23. CreepyCute! :D

Reminds me a bit of the baby from Erazerhead though… ;)