THIS JUST IN: Holy Hairballs, There’s A Maru 2

Well, sorta. It seems Mugumogu and His Thickness have a new in-house playmate. Here’s the Google Translate version of her post. (“The Circle” is Maru.) Bottom line- gonna need more Amazon JP boxes!!!

20130806

“I will add the English translation later update a hitch, we apologize for any worry, but the Circle is very well. – During this time ‘housemate has been increased one person.’ Of love Circle With it, you and chasing, to play and run around in the hope that it will be me getting to play with good – this ‘strange creature What is .'”

20130806-01

“Was greeted by family Chibi cat that had been foster parents recruited Animal Hospital. And for round 6-year-old to have grown up in one person, we provide a long trial period of two weeks, on the third day, and the figure of 6-year-old children to chase on an equal basis and Chibi cat-month-old 2.”

20130806-02

“The ‘dark zap to guy looks!’ Current relationship with Chibi cat was worried, better than might have been expected. The mood of the round, also that sleep until morning in the box of one. It becomes irregular update in the future, but the Circle is doing really well, but please do not worry.”

20130806-04
Thanks to Katherine B., Hilary T., Andrew Y., and Nicole K.

Comments

1. I’m sure you’ll make an awesome big bro, Maru >:3

2. “The Mood of The Round” — I have to assume that she is talking about Maru! I think I am going to start calling him The Round. :D

3. “sleep until morning in the box of one.” Can’t imagine what box she is referring to.

4. WOW.

5. Whoa, I’ll be watching mugumogu’s YouTube channel like a hawk for any new updates.

6. Sign up to subscribe to her YT channel—works like a charm.

7. There are just SO MANY things to love about this post and its translation. “The dark zap to guy looks!” is, in and of itself, a masterpiece. Ha.

8. Already did, several years ago. But it’s still more fun to check it manually from time to time. ;)

9. Ie desu ne! Nekko-chan totemo kawaii desu. That translation is priceless, too…

10. Katherine says:

According to Wikipedia, Chibi is Japanese slang for child or little person. Love it. Especially the chase with authentic Warner-Bros-Looney-Tunes four-off-the-floor and ears-flat-back action!

11. “The dark zap to guy looks” = hairy eyeball? Evil eye? If looks could kill? Withering glance?

12. Holy Cow, they’re too cute.

13. Here is a better translation:

Apologies for the delay in updating; Maru is still in high spirits. In the meantime—

Maru: I have another housemate.

Hopefully he/she will be a good companion to my tag-loving, frolicking Maru.

Maru: What is this strange creature?

We welcomed into our family a two-month-old foster kitten from the animal hospital. Since Maru has been brought up alone the past six years, we put the kitten on a two-week trial run, but three days in and the two and already playing tag on equal terms.

Maru: What a frisky critter!

Maru took to the kitten better than expected— if it was up to him he would enter a box and sleep in until morning. I’ll be updating more irregularly from now on, but there’s no need to worry about Maru.

14. Hi, I have returned! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

15. AWW :D Does anyone know the name of Maru’s little friend :D

16. 「同居人が一人増えました。」
    Really rough translation (not machine-translated) of the post.

“I’ve been slow to update the site and have worried people. However, Maru is well. And in the meantime — we’ve got one more house resident.”

We prayed that the new resident would be a great partner for Maru, who loves to play tag and run around.

(Maru to the other cat: “What’s this funny creature?”)

We welcomed “chibi cat” (Translator note! Not sure if this is the official name. Chibi means tiny/small, often used very informally as a nickname for stuff that already has names) at an animal hospital that was looking for a home for this small cat.

We had this chibi cat for two weeks as a trial period to live with Maru, who has lived six years by himself (i.e. sans other pets). On the third day, you could see a six-year-old Maru chasing around the two-month old Chibi as an equal.

Caption: “You swift rascal!”

Currently, the relationship between Maru and Chibi, which we were initially concerned about, is turning out much better than expected.
    From now on, site updates won’t be regular, but Maru’s well, so please don’t worry.

17. To anyone who’s not familiar with that particular bit of Japanese: Chibi means little, so “Chibi cat” = kitten.

For some reason she’s choosing to write “chibi” in katakana, which is usually used for emphasis or for proper names, so this *may* also be his name.

18. My very slapdash translation…

Really rough translation (not machine-translated) of the post.

(Maru to the other cat: “What’s this funny creature?”)

Caption: “You swift rascal!”

19. Thanks for the translation! (Also wow, how did they get ‘dark zap to guy looks!’ out of that?)

20. She refers to Maru when he was small as katakana “chibi” too, so it looks like she just means kitten.

21. garfield and nermal. simon’s cat and the new kitten. maru and chibi cat. starsky and hutch. i sense a pattern. and i has a corm. noms.

22. Stephanie Trudeau says:

Am I to understand that Maru has an intern? A protege? A wee bro?

23. My Japanese friend thought that the word ‘pussycat’ referred to a kitten (with ‘pussy’ being ‘small’) so she used ‘pussydog’ when talking about a puppy. It’s a word I still like to use.

24. Two questions:

1. Could it be possible that His Roundness might lose a little bit of his roundness from chasing Mr Chibi through the house?
    2. WHAT is that cute little ducky thing in the 2nd picture??

25. She’s only using the word “chibi” combined with “neko” implying more of just saying “the little one” or “lil-kitty” and not as his/her name. Well, she could well be choosing the name “Chibi” in time, but for now, it’s not implied that way from her post. I’m sure we’ll be hearing her/his name soon. ;)

26. If I was a kitten, I’d love to have Maru as my big bro. They’re gonna get into sooooo much trouble together. Can’t wait to see their antics on the Tubes!

27. murkle46 says:

Anyone else notice how “stripey” little cat is?

28. I actually gasped out loud when I saw this post. Yay for Maru and Chibi!

29. Blue Footed Booby says:

I doubt he’ll get much less round. He’s a little chubby, sure, but he’s also built like a schoolbus.

30. Marianne says:

Wheeee!! A new era begins! The Circle and Chibi!
    This is gonna be off-the-scale cuteness folks!

31. Bravo Yasmine and kodalai for your cultural and linguistic expertise! CO should consult with you on all Japanese translations (instead of resorting to the devil that is Google Translate!)

32. rescue gal says:

Thank you! So helpful!!!

33. That is such happy news! I was worried that Maru’s website had not been updated in a bit, but now know why…new kittayn! :)
    The pic of Chibi-kittayn leecking Maru is wonderful.

34. Yay! that Chibi cat (who can resist that name – or nickname? I may have to start using that myself!) has new home and a new pal!

35. Heh. I’m visualizing Maru as a coach, teaching little Chibi the finer points of Box Diving: “Okay little deputy, pay attention, you’re learning from the Master here. This next move is one I like to call The Dive, Slide and Splay…”

36. wuyizidi says:

Second pic: “I shall call him Mini-me”.

37. Translator throwdown!

38. This tabby-lover did!

39. JenDeyan says:

Thanks for that translation of a translation. It was much needed. Although it was fun to try to make up meaning for what was being said.

40. Smartypants says:

This is awesome! The Google translation made my brain cramp, so I really appreciate the subsequent ones. Glad to know “The Circle” is pleased with his little protege!

41. Smile face at built like a school bus!

42. I’m not getting coffee until I’ve looked at this post several more times and gotten ALL of the laughs out of my system. My keyboard will thank me for that!

Great photos, and I suspect “The Round” may become more svelte from chasing after the little one.

43. Until Maru-nii sits on me.

Kitten: I am squished!

44. LOL!

45. Their translations were certainly more understandable, but Google’s was pretty funny in its attempts!

46. omg, I love everything about this. I love Maru, the new kitten, mugumogu’s devotion to documenting them for us, her obvious love for Maru, and on and on… But hey! Do you think her home will stay as clean now since there’ll be twice the cat hair?!

47. Yep! Me too!! :D

48. Katherine says:
  49. wuyizidi says:

“Maru” is Japanese for circle/ball.

50. The ROUND! The CIRCLE! Gee, Maru can’t help it if he’s sorta chubby. Anyway, i LOVE these photos and the interesting translation. SQUEEEEEE!

51. Ffanffan says:

TOTORO! YAY!

52. too precious!

53. Are you kitten me? It will now be twice as clean. Must maintain standards, ya know.

54. Clairdelune says:

I spent many years editing/rewriting translations that sounded like that… :-D

55. Clairdelune says:

Dust and dirt and cat hair do not dare sully a Japanese home. They disintegrated immediately upon contact. :-)

56. Maru in final picture (being leeeked) little one, you are stepping on my TAIL!

57. oh, no wait, that’s the little ones OWN tail!

58. That new little girlriend of Maru is named “Hana” (flower), see mugumogu’s new post in http://sisinmaru.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-1489.html

59. Little Hana is a sweet baby. Maru ought to have a lot of fun with her. LOL at the description of Maru being built like a school bus. But he is an awesome athlete. Maru lovers definitely need to view the film called “Maru Olympics.” I just saw it today and was MOST impressed with Maru’s performance!
    The name “Hana” makes me think of Hawaii, SUCH a gorgeous place!