POLL: Thing One And Two…Or Maru?

Maru-CloseupI don’t know what’s more attention-getting. The sheer Scottish Foldiness of Thing Two, or the PRISTINE Japanese home. Are they ALL like that? Anyways..who’s your Foldy Fave? Thing One/Two…or You Know Who (left)? (See poll at the bottom.) First up—-Thing Two, solo for this post.

9402154869_0702c5592c_c

p13072401

9404913366_7023724f55_c

9404912572_1940cd26b5_c

9404913232_0c7a9e0efa_c

p13080101

9402153663_08bf9736f9_c

9404912902_0467860af4_c

t13072401

And then, we have the king of the Intertubes, Maru.

DSC_2888

safe_image.php

Thing Two from Guremike, & Maru of course from Mugumogu.

Comments

1. Both kittehs live in such clean houses! I have concluded my house is messy because I have tabbehs and not Scottish Folds. Yes, that is clearly why. :)

2. Mikeyfur says:

I’m a die hard Maru fan, but it hardly seems fair to vote against Thing One and Thing Two. All CO Kittehs are special and each is first in our hearts.

3. kitty freek says:

And torties. They leave such messes everywhere. Hmmm.

4. No contest. His Thickness will always have my heart.

5. Like any other cat ever had a chance…

6. Not sure if I like this “cat X” or “cat Y” format and hope it doesn’t continue. It’s not like voting for your favorite pizza or boy band member…these cats are all Gods to their owners (or at least some kind of icon) and their fans. It’s like asking which daughter or son you like best. You don’t want either of them feeling “lesser” than the other. Why not just say we love them both???

Again, not a fan of this format. Cats vs. dogs, rats vs. hamsters is OK but don’t pick individual cats or puppies for this, it’s the whole choosing which child you like best thing.

7. Are Japanese scottish folds exempt from the actual FOLD bit? None of these kittehs have folded ears. They look like british shorthairz to me -? What am I missing?

8. Totally :). But is Maru a Scottish Fold? His ears are small (or is his head just big?) but otherwise they do not look folded to me. I have no background information on him, was he born in a litter of Folds, just with normal ears? Anyway, his fat-&-curious-tomcat-attitude reminds me so much of my beloved cat who died young, even if they do not look similar on the outside (mine was a blue tabby Maine Coon).

9. Psychethos says:

Yes, he is a fold, according to his owner. Lots of Scottish Folds don’t have the trademark folded ears, because they are bred by mixing a fold with a non-fold. Breed two folds together and you get a big risk of genetic disorders.

10. Oh heavens. It’s not like the winning cat is going to win a bazillion dollars or something.. It’s just fun.

11. I’m glad I’m not the only one who was wondering that… They’re all adorable, but I do not think they are Scottish folds.

12. Maru is a Scottish Fold without the folds, according to his YouTube channel.

13. I have to say that my Libby, also a calico, was not nearly so cute while she was wearing her Cone of Sh*me for almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS! (apparently eye injuries can take a long time to heal) And that is why I do not have pictures of her in it to show you all. It has nothing to do with the fact that my house is not this clean. Nope, nothing at all.

14. skippymom says:

um…yeah….

15. Oh boy :roll:

16. skippymom says:

I’m sure your house is spotless!
    Chloe (also calico) had a major eye operation a couple of years ago but I hardly ever made her wear the cone. She was so good that she really didn’t need it. (not that I am bragging or anything)

17. skippymom says:

Hi, Gigi! How are things up north?

18. They are Scottish Folds but the folded ears are due to a gene and not all kittens in a litter have the gene. All Scottish Folds are born with straight, unfolded ears, and those with the Fold gene will begin to show the fold usually within about 21 days. The same thing with Chinese Crested dog, not all the pups in a littler will be hairless.

19. loribelle says:

Rule, Maru-hoo! Maru-hoo rules the netz [to the tune of "Rule Britannia"]

20. Sure peope .. Laugh and giggle .. :-)

“It’s all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone” .. Poor kitty

21. Dog Lover says:

My heart belongs to Maru and it always will.

22. Ah yes, about something like that I have heard before. Don’t tell anybody, but I think that straight ears look better :) Especially on a cat who is allready round in every other place.

23. Things One and Two are cute – albeit supremely (and terrifyingly) disapproving looking – but think of the hours – HOURS – of entertainment available on the interwebs from his royal pudginess!

24. Hi skippymom, everything is great at the moment, I’m on vacation and all the fur babies are enjoying the extra attention.

25. Maru! >:3 no one else stands a chance

Katamari’s cute too though :3

Just wish that blog was updated more often

26. Genetics are fascinating–thanks, Gigi!

27. 1&2 are formidably cute. But Maru has a whole huge body of work out there. :D

Let a thousand cute flowers bloom!

28. skippymom says:

Ha ha, when I’ve been on vacation and then go back to work, my cats freak out and say, “but mom, we thought you retired!”

29. Reblogged this on Platinum Giraffe and commented:
    Maru is just so cute I just want to squeeze him. :)

30. JenDeyan says:

The kittens in Scottish Fold litters don’t always have the fold but they are still called Scottish Folds as far as I know. Maybe because they still have the ear fold gene.

31. Sharon Wilson says:

Especially cat genetics!

32. I don’t even have a pet and my house isn’t anywhere near this clean.

33. with emphasis on ‘huge body.’

34. Holy Catnip!!! BREAKING NEWS! Maru has a sibling/deputy! Check it: http://sisinmaru.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-1488.html

35. Same here, Dog Lover :D