The Last Squirrel on Earth

“(It’s been over a month since the pigeons became self-aware and took over. They’ve been rounding us up into camps. Every day, the resistance gets smaller. I don’t know how much longer I can hold out. If anyone sees this video, let it be a testament to those brave souls who stood their ground and held onto their nuts.)”

Marissa S. writes: “My friend Raywat, in Ottawa, says he was ‘mugged by a squirrel, who then took a selfie on my phone.’ This seems to push beyond the edge of photo bombing into new territory.”

1. NOMTOM, it’s been a while since I’ve proposed to you, so here I am, on bended knee once again. Marry me. Immediately. This post is pure genius.

2. carole jordan says:

no no, he is mine….mine, ah tell yew!!

3. I love living in a world where squirrels hijack phones and take selfies.

4. Flufferbutt says:

Yes, it is truly a magical, yet redonkulous world we live in.

5. Cynthia M says:

I was mugged by a squirrel on the Boston Commons. I was feeding one peanut butter crackers when he got in my lap and grabbed the pack out of my hands.

6. Did the skwerl that mugged you have a leetle Yankees hat on? Cause that would explain it since they steal our championships! They s*ck!1! Augh…

Um, sorry, where was I again?

7. I had one crawl into a bag of Taco Time and steal my Mexi-Fries. Skwerlios like their snax!

8. So the like Sabor de Soledad?

9. fleurdamour says:

I don’t know what’s funnier, NOMTOM’s narrative or the real story behind it.

10. carole jordan says:

or the idea of the squirrel valiently holding onto his balls. nomtom. i ;love you

11. victoreia says:

*snicker* “Mugged by a squirrel.”

12. 4leafclover says:

Vive la Resistance, Monsieur Éucreuil!

13. carole jordan says:

sound of giraffe in distress…

14. i know i’m holding tight onto my nuts just reading this

(and looking up the mod-lounge menu on urbanspoon, just in case.)

15. First, I join in applauding NOMTOM’s pure genius. Second, I’d like to know what the true, true story is, because it really does look like a squirrel mugged someone and took a selfie, but that can’t be, can it?

16. Have you ever met a squirrel?

17. A chipmunk was trapped under my bed overnight once when I was a child, but other than that, I can’t say I have.

18. Snerking away at the hovertext.

19. 260Oakley says:

The more I think about it, the more apt the comparison between pigeons and the government seems. A flock of pea-brained moochers crapping on everything? Seems just about right.

20. Indeed it does, Oakley. More proof of the genius that is NTMTOM.

21. with the excellent comment by the genius that is Oakley

22. This is the best photograph I have ever seen :)

23. Props to the sender-inner’s friend Raywat in Ottawa. A very funny person indeed.

24. awwww cute story and cute squirrel too.

25. Bettymouse says:

Can’t stop laughing! Oh, how I love me some squirrels.

26. Valerie B says:

A squirrel selfie!

27. photo-jacking ?

28. princess guinea and ariel says:

Reblogged this on Princess Guinea and Ariel and commented:
    it has a guinea lip

29. Pretty sure the skwerl’s trying for a ducklips selfie.

30. princess guinea and ariel says:

What ever it is it has a cute lip!!

31. OMG! Squirrel muggings and selfies. The Squirrel Resistance, Pigeon Dictatorship…… Love EVERYTHING about this! Thanks, I needed that. :)