The Last Squirrel on Earth

“(It’s been over a month since the pigeons became self-aware and took over. They’ve been rounding us up into camps. Every day, the resistance gets smaller. I don’t know how much longer I can hold out. If anyone sees this video, let it be a testament to those brave souls who stood their ground and held onto their nuts.)”

Marissa S. writes: “My friend Raywat, in Ottawa, says he was ‘mugged by a squirrel, who then took a selfie on my phone.’ This seems to push beyond the edge of photo bombing into new territory.”

Comments

1. NOMTOM, it’s been a while since I’ve proposed to you, so here I am, on bended knee once again. Marry me. Immediately. This post is pure genius.

2. I love living in a world where squirrels hijack phones and take selfies.

3. Cynthia M says:

I was mugged by a squirrel on the Boston Commons. I was feeding one peanut butter crackers when he got in my lap and grabbed the pack out of my hands.

4. I had one crawl into a bag of Taco Time and steal my Mexi-Fries. Skwerlios like their snax!

5. Flufferbutt says:

Yes, it is truly a magical, yet redonkulous world we live in.

6. fleurdamour says:

I don’t know what’s funnier, NOMTOM’s narrative or the real story behind it.

7. victoreia says:

*snicker* “Mugged by a squirrel.”

8. 4leafclover says:

Vive la Resistance, Monsieur Éucreuil!

9. i know i’m holding tight onto my nuts just reading this

(and looking up the mod-lounge menu on urbanspoon, just in case.)

10. First, I join in applauding NOMTOM’s pure genius. Second, I’d like to know what the true, true story is, because it really does look like a squirrel mugged someone and took a selfie, but that can’t be, can it?

11. Snerking away at the hovertext.

12. This is the best photograph I have ever seen :)

13. Did the skwerl that mugged you have a leetle Yankees hat on? Cause that would explain it since they steal our championships! They s*ck!1! Augh…

Um, sorry, where was I again?

14. So the like Sabor de Soledad?

15. 260Oakley says:

The more I think about it, the more apt the comparison between pigeons and the government seems. A flock of pea-brained moochers crapping on everything? Seems just about right.

16. Props to the sender-inner’s friend Raywat in Ottawa. A very funny person indeed.

17. Indeed it does, Oakley. More proof of the genius that is NTMTOM.

18. awwww cute story and cute squirrel too.

19. Have you ever met a squirrel?

20. Bettymouse says:

Can’t stop laughing! Oh, how I love me some squirrels.

21. with the excellent comment by the genius that is Oakley

22. Valerie B says:

A squirrel selfie!

23. A chipmunk was trapped under my bed overnight once when I was a child, but other than that, I can’t say I have.

24. carole jordan says:

no no, he is mine….mine, ah tell yew!!

25. carole jordan says:

or the idea of the squirrel valiently holding onto his balls. nomtom. i ;love you

26. carole jordan says:

sound of giraffe in distress…

27. photo-jacking ?

28. princess guinea and ariel says:

Reblogged this on Princess Guinea and Ariel and commented:
    it has a guinea lip

29. Pretty sure the skwerl’s trying for a ducklips selfie.

30. OMG! Squirrel muggings and selfies. The Squirrel Resistance, Pigeon Dictatorship…… Love EVERYTHING about this! Thanks, I needed that. :)

31. princess guinea and ariel says:

What ever it is it has a cute lip!!