Puffling Alert For All North Berwick Residents!

Don’t forget to check under your cars for pufflings! Sometimes they wander into the seaside Scottish town after leaving the nest for the first time, and hunker down underneath cars.

BEST ONE
“I thought this was something that should feature in The Cute, if only to make sure everyone knows to check under their car for pufflings! (Just the name is cute, don’t you think?) I read the T&Cs and hope this complies.” -Antonia (Sent from my iPad.) PS- Hi-res photo sent our way by Andy M. at the Scottish Seabird Centre.

Comments

1. *Love* pufflings! Would four be called a hufflepuffle or a huddle puff?

2. awwww looking out of those cute little guys, good to know if you live there.

3. pupfriend says:

I guess a life on the island of Firth of Fourth does not look as attractive as the big city lights, despite the apparent abundance of fish. And I’m left imagining an entire little village of folks with their kiesters in the air checking under cars for pufflings!

4. So cute…….. great shot.

5. We have no pufflings here in California, however, we do have marmots in the Sierra who like to crawl into the engine compartment of your car and chew holes into your radiator hose. We can check for those.

6. It would be a quadrapuff?

7. tooshortpants says:

*checks hopefully under car 1200 miles away in Missouri*

Dang, no luck!

8. twoshortpants says:

So cute my mileage was only off by 2800!

9. Alice_Fraggle says:

That’s it – I’m moving to a seaside Scottish town! (said in the voice of the old guy from Hercules who is “moving to Sparta”) Puffins are my FAVORITE! (said in the voice of the kid in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs who says “Strawberry is my favorite!”)

10. i always look under my car for pufflingks.

but seeing as i live in massachusetts, i haven’t found any.

drats.

11. Reminds me about how when I was little, our dog was due to have puppies, and Mom set up a special private corner for her with a cushy bed, and moved her food and water dishes there so she wouldn’t have to get up if she was hungry or thirsty or anything. And the dog insisted on staying right under the kitchen table which was her preferred spot, thank you very much.

12. who wouldn’t want to live in a place called ‘Firth of Fourth?’ Everyone sounds like Sean Connery. Which, IMO, is not a bad thing.

13. We never find anything that cute in our parking lot :(

14. phred's mom says:

Firth of Forth, quoth she,
    pedantically

15. tracylee says:

Sad, for there are no ears to nom.

16. JenDeyan says:

Pufflings. Best name evar! I also like hoglets for baby hedgehogs.