She’s The Pride Of The Neighborhood

Cuteporter Julie W. zipped this one in. “This is Josie, who was found wandering sad and lonely on an abandoned stretch of Sarasota road, about two weeks ago. We think she’s a Boxer/Dane mix, maybe 2-3 months old. She’s settling into her forever home with me, and thinks that mid-morning pee breaks are a chance to mug for the camera.”

Whoops, a PS from Jules:

“I TOTALLY FORGOT! There is a haiku to go with this photo:

Puppy in cool grass
Basking in the summer sun
WILL YOU PLEASE GO PEE”

IMG_20130730_115850

65822_10151730591418555_2083712364_n
Assist from W. Becker & D. Fagen.

Comments

1. She is beautiful, beautiful–a gift that has been presented to you. Animals come to us, have chosen us before we even know them…

2. You both are very lucky! Thank you for giving her a good home.

3. from lily 60lb lap puppy an service dog
    to Josie,
    my mom tells me to ‘pee dam***, or ‘Lily would you please quit doing
    ( fill in the blank ) and just squat. seems it’s common for some moms to have a
    ” go pee” obsession, least that’s what dad tells me. He gets it that there are so many distractions and things that need checking out, an so many things to sniff.
    Congrats. on your new forever family. be patience with them, humans need help sometimes, kinda slow on the uptake if ya know what I mean. lol
    Just love em, an give lots of knee bumps and kisses. They love it when you do.
    nose bob from me to you Josie :)

4. Stressfactor says:

Josie is beautiful and very photogenic, bless you for taking her in. Also, I do understand your pain in trying to get a dog to ‘do business’ outside when all they want to do is roll around, lounge in the grass, or sniff every. Single. Blade. Of grass.

5. 260Oakley says:

Yeah, you “hurry up”
    I’ll enjoy some Snerf and Turf
    Signed, I. P. Freely

6. I’ve looked like a crazy lady many times begging “OHCOMEONTHEYAREALLTHESAMEJUSTGO!”

7. Saffron says:

Hooray for the resqte!!! What a sweet pupperson Josie is <3 <3 <3

8. :lol: We are all at the mercy of our furry masters.
    With dogs it’s: “I’ll go when I’m good and ready I haven’t semlled everything yet”
    And with cats it’s: “You just keep the door open while I decide if I want to go out or not, don’t rush me”

9. What a little beauty! Thank you for giving her a good home!

10. “No Mom .. I will no go pee .. It will get my nice sunny spot ‘wet'”

11. MinglesMommy says:

She is precious – congrats on your new “baby”!

12. MinglesMommy says:

You are not kidding… I live in NYC and I swear my parents’ dog has to sniff EVERY SINGLE INCH OF EVERY SINGLE BLOCK to be sure he doesn’t miss peeing where EVERY OTHER DOG IN NEW YORK PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE has already peed.

13. Coffee Cup says:

Such a sweet dog!

14. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Garrison Keillor’s parody of the Willie Nelson song “To All The Girls I’ve Loved Before:”

To all the cats I’ve loved before
    Who wanted to come in my door
    and when I let them in they turned around and then
    they wanted to go out again.

15. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Lucky little pup that you found her. Y’know, she’ll go eventually.

16. Mikeyfur says:

What a beautiful dog with the sweetest expression on her face. I’m so happy you found her and gave her a forever home.

17. I like big mutts and I just can’t lie.

18. tracylee says:

Lanky puppeh legs!
    She’s lovely! But the best part?
    Nommable earsies!

19. and no one has picked up on the title?

20. tracylee says:

Yeah, I was thinking “hey, Brinke’s a Dan fan! Rockin.”
    Did not go unnoticed :)

21. That’s funny right there!

22. I think what’s gorgeous here is that Josie clearly isn’t going to be a “little” (did ya see the size of those pawseez) beauty for long and yet Jules chose to keep her. Big doggehs are big workz and big money suckerz with their food requirements and such. Big YAYS for Jules!

23. Smartypants says:

Those other brothers can’t deny!

24. And there have been soooo many dogs. :mrgreen:

25. Theresa says:

“Go to the bathroom alone? It just isn’t done, old girl.”

26. I think she looks very grateful – she knows she’s got it good!

27. JenDeyan says:

According to some of the folks it should I. D. P. Freely. The ‘D’ is for don’t.

28. Hooray for you, Julie!!! You have made a difference for one of those creatures who need us all to do our part!!!

29. Have you also ever looked at them so intently when they lift their leg slightly making you think they’re gonna go? And as soon as you think they’ll finally do their business, they put their leg back down, no pee, and keep on moving. I swear… I can just imagine him laughing at me going “gacha!”