Schoep And John Update

Updating our story from the 18th – this is from the Schoep and John FB page, by John Unger.

Geez what to say now that I’m able to catch a few words in my head. Let me start by saying…

Everyone has been loving and wonderful, and you are making the impossible..possible. For without you this process would be unbearable. I’m going to say it again…

I am well, each passing day a bit better -
Tonight I’m going to try opening a card or package from you. Knowing myself I will not get far, It IS What It Is, and I’ll look to Schoep for guidance. He will tell me…….

Be Patient

1002472_609010982453637_1762635574_n

Comments

1. sabrina rose says:

We love Schoep and we love you! The world needs a shining example of compassion, caring, devotion, and kindness to animals, and you have provided it. God bless.

2. Dog Lover says:

John, I think we’re all pleased to know that we are of some comfort to you at this very difficult time. Schoep will always be in your heart, as he will be in ours. The love always lasts forever and that’s something you can count on.

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

John, Schoep will always be in your heart and memory. He will never leave you. And your life has been enriched by his presence. It will take time, but the pain will subside and you will be able to catch your breath again. Whenever you think of Schoep, you will smile. I think of you often and hope that you are doing well.

4. Sweet post…<3 well said….

5. You and Schoep touched many lives including mine. You are not alone, we are with you in our hearts.

6. You are a wonderful,dear man and your unending love for your dog reminds me how important it is to treasure our dear ones each day. I have a deep love for my 13 year old cat, and she almost died this spring so I completely understand the part where you said you could not catch your breath. The love for our little creatures is just so huge- it is hard to explain, but you put words to it. Thinking of you.

7. I really hope that lovely man brings another dog into his life, maybe two. God knows so many need love and care – and they give it back in spades. RIP, Schoep, you sweet doggy.

A Dog’s Will

When humans die, they make a will
    To leave their homes and all they have
    To those they love.
    I, too, would make a will if I could write;
    To some poor wistful lonely stray
    I leave my happy home,
    My dish, my cosy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy,
    The well-loved lap, the gently stoking hand,
    The loving voice,
    The place I made in someone’s heart,
    The love that, at the last, could help me to
    A peaceful, painless end,
    Held in loving arms.
    If I should die, Oh! Do not say,
    “No more a pet I’ll have
    To grieve me by its loss”.
    Seek out some lonely, unloved dog
    And give my place to him.
    This is my legacy I leave behind
    ‘Tis all I have to give.

8. Agent99 says:

A great quote by Dr. Seuss,
    “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
    You were both so lucky to have had one another in this life.

Schoep’s got his wings now. A guardian in life and here after.
    I hope you your heart heals in the kindest of ways.

9. *sniffle* dang it, somebody’s cutting onions again.

10. Beautiful

11. emmberrann says:

To John:
    From my own experience, I can only say that the pain of the loss never quite goes away, you sort-of get used to it. On the other hand, the pain also reminds us that we are so lucky to have been able to love and be loved by someone extraordinary. As Schoep was. You and he have shared and given so much by your example. You will, really, will feel better, but it happens in its own time. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later, but know that this community is here to help, whenever. My wishes are for your consolation.

12. John, I am just heartbroken for your loss. You were so loving and kind and I hope knowing how loved you were by Schoep will help you heal. I have lost a few “babies” over my lifetime and I still feel each one’s presence in my heart. I just lost one of my oldest and dearest friend in April. She left us very unexpectedly. She had 2 dogs left without their mom. My daughter took her small dog and my husband and I took the very big Alaskan Malamute she left behind. We took Misha home with us the day my friend passed away, much to our 2 kitties’ chagrin. It has been a process to put it lightly!! LOL!! Misha, tho, has been great for my husband’s and mine’s hearts which were breaking. She has kept us close to our friend through the love she has given us. We hope we have provided solace for her, too. She was with Carolyn for 5 1/2 years. She adopted her after Misha was found by the roadside as a very small baby puppy. She is no longer small in any way at 90 pounds! My husband and I were greatly enamored of this beautiful girl dog, but never dreamed she’d be living with us. We see Misha get sad, but it isn’t as often as it was at first ~ neither for Bill and myself! You are in our hearts and prayers, always for the man you are and the love that pours out of every pore you have.

13. Dog Lover says:

That is so beautiful and so touching. I lost my little boy earlier this year and I’ve been too distressed to get another. Now I see how selfish I’ve been and I know my little guy would want me to give his bed – and a place in my heart – to another lonely boy.

14. Saffron says:

Well said, emmberrann. <3

Schoep touched all of our hearts and we hope that we can return the favor to John and have our prayers and good thoughts help him heal. It takes a while to feel OK after our animal friends leave us.
    John, Schoep will continue to guard your heart forever.

15. MinglesMommy says:

John was a terrific dog owner/daddy. Best wishes to him.

16. Stressfactor says:

Don’t think of yourself as ‘selfish’ Dog Lover — mourning times are different for everyone. It sounds like you may be ready now and don’t be afraid to start slow — checking out local shelters and rescue groups. The right fuzzy boy (or girl) will find you and your spirits will connect.

Each anipal we share our lives with is different and sometimes they bring baggage which they need us to help them heal but along the way we discover that they help us as much if not more than we help them.

Good luck on finding your next forever friend! P.S., the Dog Shaming website (http://www.dogshaming.com) usually runs pics and stories of dogs up for adoption all over the world on Fridays. It might give you some ideas and links if you’re stumped how to begin.

17. Heart hugs to you.
    sometimes when sorting thru old papers I’ll find one with tiny teeth marks made by our cat bear who died 3 years ago at age 12. At first finding one would hurt, then it began to comfort me to find one, now I find my self laughing. Put them in the save pile of course.
    My husband buried Bear in our flower garden where he loved to hang out, and of course leave tiny teeth marks on leaves.

18. One is never truely gone as long as you have your memories of being together .. and you have a lot of them .. R.I.P. Schoep

19. Hear! Hear! And ditto all @. Here’s to Schoep and his human, John Unger <3.

20. :cry: The same poem can be said of kitties :cry:

21. :cry: Well said, Doug :cry:

22. I know what you mean, alexa :cry: I would be finding grey fur some weeks after the passing of our (my brother, his male friend and me) dear sweet kitty, Smokey, 3 years ago on August 31 at the age of 16 :cry:

23. You both made a difference in a lot of people’s lives. I will not forget that photo.