Doctor Who, Part Two

If you’ll recall, I was swiftly corrected for my glaring lack of Doctor Who knowledge. (It’s “Doctor,” not “Dr.,”..and it’s a time machine, not a phone booth.)

Now…The Tardis T.A.R.D.I.S. is back! (From another portal or Möbius loop or dimension or time-space continuum. Or…something.)

9343520537_662fb66b17_b
“I came home from Comic-Con yesterday to find that my husband had rescued a kitten while I was away. Her name is Rory Williams Reiter and at 8 weeks she is ready to take the time/space/universe by storm. She even managed to find our Tardis!” -Erin R.

Comments

1. Madame X says:

A. Husband. Who. Rescues. Kittehs. While. You’re. In. Comic-Con.
    A. Tardis. In. The. Kitchen.
    Who are you, Erin R., and how come you have such an awesome life?

2. SlaveToCat says:

It’s a Porta-LitterBox.
    At least kitties can hang their heads outside unlike humans using porta potties.

3. fish eye no miko says:

“Still not ginger…”

4. Tony James says:

@Brinke – I think you’ll find that it’s a T.A.R.D.I.S., as in Time And Relative Dimensions In Space, rather than Tardis (which is where Grumpy Cat(tm), aka Tardar Sauce, resides).

/pedantry

5. And does your awesome husband have an equally awesome brother?!?

6. More pedantry follows… you have been warned.

Another question is, is it Dimensions (plural) or Dimension (singular)?

Both have been used in canon, it seems. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS#cite_note-3

/pedantry

7. Hi! I am Erin R., the owner of said T.A.R.D.I.S. cookie jar and Rory the kitten! My husband is awesome, but alas, he has no brother.

8. Tony James says:

While it is true that both versions have been used in canon (and point well made, sirrah), is it not written in the 4th Book of the One True Doctor, St. Thomas of Baker, that “lo, when the visitor from Gallifrey doth tread upon Earth’s green mantle, he shall travel in a vessel of myriad dimensions, the like of which hath ne’er been seen by mortal eyes. Yea, verily I say unto you, gaze thou with wonder upon the relative dimensions of his craft, and tremble ye evil-doers, ye Davros of Skaro and ye Sisters of Plenitude (may thy noses be booped), for He shall rend thee asunder with his Scarf Of Omniscience.”

Here endeth the lesson.

/uberpedantry

9. AMEN!!!

10. Tony James says:

And nary a fez to be seen :)

11. Oh and…

12. victoreia says:

Sadness. Does he have a (male) cousin, then?

13. But the plaque in said chariot says Dimension.

Perhaps the good Doctor misspoke?

On another topic, it is true you never forget your first Doctor… and mine was the inestimable Mr. Baker of the scarf.

14. One of my favorite scene :lol:

15. Tony James says:
  16. Yes it’s true and mine was also the great Tom Baker. He of the large scarf and the even larger smile!

17. I have an awesome husband but I’m really jealous of your T.A.R.D.I.S. and your Comic Con trip!

18. Tony James says:

If you recall, The Time Of The Baker was one of mass unrest by organised labour. The TARDIS was being overhauled by less savoury elements of the Union of Dock Workers & Allied Trades, and the typographical error on the plaque was probably the result of someone thinking that if there were multiple dimensions then they should be handled by multiple men (can’t have one man doing another man’s job, brother). In order to avoid a shop-stewards’ meeting, a downing of sonic screwdrivers, and outbreaks of Strawbs, the “error” was overlooked and thus became part of canon.

19. jacquilynne says:

I think your TARDIS might be smaller on the inside.

Unless your kitten is bigger on the outside?

20. fleurdamour says:

Doctor Mew!

21. fleurdamour says:

And…Rory! Purrfect!

22. Killer Klown says:

Oh dear. Dimension dampeners seem to be malfunctioning again.

23. fezzes are cooler than guns.

24. With an ‘s’. No idea why anyone would not use one.

25. I’ve had jelly babies. I totally understand the Doctor’s predilection.

26. Or does your awesome husband have any unmarried male cousins, etc. :D

27. Winanadvoratrelundar!

28. AWW :D I hope you have many long and happy years with Rory Williams Reiter and your dear sweet kitty rescueing husband, Erin R. :D

29. As was mine… And I once knitted, not one, but two such scarves as wedding presents for Whovian friends…

30. That’s kind of where my brain was but I couldn’t figure out how to say it. Mostly I was just thinking, “why don’t I know people like this?!”

31. We all seem to be in some strange geek-dom .. yikes!!

32. Eeek!! I read TJ’s scholarly reiteration of St Thomas of Baker’s pronouncement in a Tom Baker voice inside my head. Now I’m deaf.

33. TJ, did you by any chance reside in Liverpool during the 1970s? ;)

34. murkle46 says:

Beautiful kitten.Tortys are wonderful companions,and she has a really sweet face!

35. Dalek: “CUTERMINATE !”

36. WELCOME BACK RORY WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!! Or is it Rory Pond…..?

*Doctor Who theme* SQUEEEEEEeeeeEEEeeeeeeeeeSqueeeEEEeeeeEEEEEE….

37. murkle46 says:

He leaves the parking brake on.Love that explanation for the sound it makes.

38. Darn, wish I’d been one your friends at that time.

Oh, well, there’s always ThinkGeek: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f0dd/

39. LOL! Yes! The TARDIS woosh is my ringtone right now btw.

40. Don’t forget bowties and Stetsons :)

41. Tony James says:

You might very well think that, but I could not possibly comment. Put it this way – I had to leave my job in the Accident & Emergency department of my local hospital I overheard a nurse telling a small child that his wound wouldn’t need stitches, that it would form a scab.
    Apparently leading a march down the hallway chanting “Scab! Scab! Scab! One out, all out!” is not “not conducive to the standard of care that our patients expect from us, Mr. James.”

42. fleurdamour says:

K.I.T.T.E.N.

43. Saffron says:

Hi erin,
    Yay for you and your husband’s resqte! Give Rory some extra snorgles from me. What a sweet little kittayn. <3

44. Sasha's Mum says:

Which of course stands for Kitteh Interdimensional Transport, To Enhance Normalcy.

45. Saffron says:

As long as it does not say Bad Wolf on the front you are OK.

But no Captain Jack inside?? Boo. :D

46. Clairdelune says:

TJ, you enlighten and instruct (in addition to provoking a guffaw or two). Please impart more of your essential knowledge. Perchance you are planning a foray into the world of literature? I would indubitably purchase any tome authored by your fertile mind.

47. Totally Jersey says:

Best. Comment. Thread. Ever. /Editorial

48. Clairdelune says:

Well, after reading these comments am not so sure about the normalcy part… ;-)

49. And be careful with that pocket watch.

50. I was going to say that, but I don’t come here often enough.

51. Yes many! :) There is a policeman, a firefighter, and a couple servicemen…do you have a preference? P.S. – All have adorable animals

52. My TARDIS is usually full of cookies so it always seems smaller on the inside :( Rory is only 2 1/2 pounds but try’s to put everything in her mouth, so I think she is bigger on the inside.

53. TARDIS cookie jar is available on the interwebs, but I’m not sure where because mine was a gift. I highly recommend comic conventions, they are always fun!

54. Snorgles have been delivered on your behalf :)

55. Mine was Mr. Pertwee of the red silk-lined cloak and funky car. (And the hunky son, although I didn’t discover him until many years later.)

56. 6rabbits says:

See, MY problem is that I want to deliver the snorgles myself! :-)

57. fleurdamour says:

Kitten-rescuing husband deserves Men of CO nomination. :)

58. fleurdamour says:

T.A.R.D.A.R.

59. fleurdamour says:

My first Doctor was Tom Baker but my favorite Doctor is Matt Smith. Hubba! A fine genetic product of the Danelaw if ever there was one.

60. I’ll have one of each, please! :D

61. Many, many TARDIS’ to be found, including a talking cookie jar here :)

62. Sasha's Mum says:

ITA! Of course it helps when you have such great source material. I mean, a kitten in a TARDIS? How freakin’ purrfect is that?

63. we need a Doctor Who/Animal obsessed connection group! I have no Whovian friends :( I really need someone else to discuss with!