Donkzee. Jeepers, whaaat?

Or is it zonkdee? Wait, (clickety-click-click, sigh page-loadiiiing)… It’s a Zonkey! A bebbeh Zonkey! Ayy, itsa Italian, capeesh? Say, sì!

9360943774_14e0ddd0fb_z
Baby Zonkey named Ippo is the only one in Italy, according to Italian news Ansa. If you think you love zebras, read about Ippo’s dad, and think again. That’s Amore’!

Comments

1. emmberrann says:

Looks like he’s get stripee tights on. But eet’s zee height of ze fashion, no? I am ze wondering what eez temperament ee weel ‘Ave when ee eez beegair. Can’t help ze outrageous Frawnsche when it sticks its nose in.

2. Behbeh is adorable but mama is no sloutch, what beautiful coloring she has and she looks so sweet. Hope behbeh takes after her, zebras can be, chall we say difficult…

3. Have you ever tried to get a donkey’s co-operation? If zebras are difficult, then donkeys are downright impossible.

4. 4leafclover says:

Look at the stripey bebeh! Totally zeedonkulous!!

5. It looks like he’s wearing little stripee zonkey pagamies.

6. Donkeys are stubborn, but they’re still domesticated. Zebra are much more prone to violence.

7. And they LOVE to bite!!

8. Janet in Cambridge says:

There is something very wrong with mom’s neck.

9. mindadale says:

Zebra climbed a fence…yikes.

10. They made fun of her jeggings; she said “I’ll show THEM!!” ;)

11. Who? The donks or the zeebs? I’ve never had dealings with zeebs. Donks, yes. No zeebs. ;)

12. Yup. That was one determined Zebra. Yikes. 8O

13. He was in luuuuuuuurve.

14. Zeebras!! Zeebras love to bite! Beautiful to look at but never trust them because they WILL bite the hand that feeds them!

15. Yikes!! Lets try that again shall we.

16. Mama Donk is very fat…errmm fluffy,and some donkeys store fat in the crest of their neck… no,I don’t know why,they just do.. Ponies too,sometimes.. look up “fallen crest”

17. Alessia says:

From what I understand if a donkey becomes overweight they get a buildup of fat on their neck. She probably was too heavy at one point and when she got healthier her skin stayed stretched a bit. I hope they are taking good care of her! Baby is adorable.

18. I always thought they were called zeedonks.

Whatever they are called, it’s redonk!

Mama’s neck is just a loose nuchal ligament causing the crest to collapse. You can also see it in overweight ponies, or just old horses.

19. murkle46 says:

The heart wants what the heart wants.

20. lisaLASSIE says:

I’ve driven (many times) through the Wild Animal Safari near Atlanta. They used to have zeedonks, zebras and donkeys, and if you stopped feeding the zebras they bit hard.

21. Janet in Cambridge says:

Thanks for that. I think you’re right. I have heard of cases where some malady (which I can’t now recvall) creates a neck like I thought I was seeing.

22. And what is a zonkee to do when he’s not in the mood for animal print?

23. Theresa says:

THE ZEDONK IS REDONK.

24. Kiragirl says:

now that’s just rezonkulous!

25. Grand Prairie, Tx used to have a Wild Animal Park that would flood often. During one flood the Zebras and Donkeys got into each others’ pens and Zonkey was conceived. He looked like a donkey from his head and front legs, and a zebra from the base of his mane to his tail and back legs. He lived to a ripe old age too. I’m not sure where he ended up after the park closed.