Care And Care Alike

Great story from Anderson, South Carolina. It seems that animal control officer Michelle Smith found a shih tzu puppeh named Goldie, hidden in a ravine. Turns out Goldie was caring for a tiny kitteh who had also ended up in the brush! Mail Online says the pair has been taken in by a foster family. More photos on the Anderson County P.A.W.S. Facebookster.

309961_576225605751678_1432072005_n

article-0-1AE9FED8000005DC-963_634x476

article-0-1AE9FED4000005DC-711_634x472

article-0-1AE9FEC4000005DC-818_634x419

article-0-1AE9FEC0000005DC-608_634x473

article-0-1AE9FEB8000005DC-191_634x416

article-0-1AE9FEBC000005DC-545_634x418
All photos except #1 from Mail Online, who in turn got ‘em from a lot of places. Thanks to the many Cuteporters who sent this in, including Anna C., Jessamine W., Persia, and Ingrid H.

Comments

1. Oh my goodness a puppeh is taking care of a kitteh! I’m almost teary! This is so flipping sweet, dear, and encouraging.

2. Doggie even looks like she almost be kittehs bio-mama.

3. 260Oakley says:

That would make the bebeh a Kit Tzu.

4. they say the dog probably has an owner because she was clean. hope the owner finds her and adopts the kitten, too.

5. This happened not far from my home! Both kitten and Momma-pup were adopted together after a thorough but unsuccessful search for the pup’s owners.

6. I believe you’re right, and impressed you could read through my mangling of the English language on that post…bad day at the computer…

7. I’m all misty…sniff…sniff.

8. Was hoping either owner would adopt kitty or both would be adopted together. Thank you for the update!

9. Dog Lover says:

Really, does it get any better than this? This just makes me day, my week, my month.

10. sabrina rose says:

This is very, very wonderful. Thank God for dedicated and resourceful animal control officers. I bet there was a long, long, l o n g line of people wanting to adopt these two. Hope they decided take home other pets at that shelter. :) Yay! Love a happy ending for two sweet babies.

11. Oh Dear God. Keel me now. May I boop…no may I EAT that lil puppeh nosy?

Thud.

12. Even with six cats living in (make that Ruling ) the house now I couldn’t separate the two.

13. Blue Footed Booby says:

Part that gets me is that the dog wasn’t even a mother; she spontaneously started lactating when she found a babby to care for. :3

14. I hate Cuteoverload sometimes .. Stop making be tearup at work darn you !!

15. Yes, God bless the animal control officers. I volunteer at my county animal shelter, and so I know some of what they deal with. I often say I don’t know how they do it and keep doing it day after day. A story like this, with a happy ending, must make it worthwhile.

16. It’s the allergies today… ;)

17. Lovely story! Not a shih tzu tho maybe a cross. Too much nose bless :)

18. Saffron says:

Ninjas are in my kitchen cutting up a LOT of onions right now.

Happy feels.

19. Only if I may nom that stubbular kitteh tail.

20. barbara says:

Our Shih-tzu poodle mix was very attentive to some orphan kittens we took in. She howled during feeding time. The mewing was too much for her empathic self to bear.

21. That’s so sweet….

22. AWW :D She wanted to feed those poor little orphan kittens for you, barbara :D

23. I am so glad to hear that, Julie Hurley :D