A Thing Or Two About Caturday

That’s, uh, literally what these guys are named. Thing One (male gray,) and Thing Two (female calico.) From Cat In The Hat, no doubt. Check here for some outstanding photos. Can Japan TAKE two more Scottish Fold media moguls?

“Hi Cute Overload! I stumbled across this amazing duo and wanted to point your attenshons to itz. They are not my pets or my photos, so not sure how the procedures go, but the photos are just waiting for the Cute Overload caption bunnies to get
to work! K thanks bye! From Cute Overload fan no. 68091, Emily Y.”

[Caption Bunnehs? Outstanding concept. Must investigate. -Ed]

9008496605_bc243da551_c

9008497037_0dc81758c4_b

9008497267_1392e2bd1c_c

enhanced-buzz-10440-1366835972-3

enhanced-buzz-11020-1366836010-3

enhanced-buzz-13167-1366836202-12

enhanced-buzz-22743-1366836279-8
As seen on The Buzzster.

Comments

1. 10.0 on synchronization! *wild applause*

2. The second picture is actually a little creepy. Shades of the ghostly twin girls from “The Shining.”

“Hello, Danny. Come play with us.”

3. Cousins of Maru, I think?

4. SlaveToCat says:

Oh my, that loud noise was me falling in love.

5. Jennifer says:

In the first photo it looks like Thing 2’s eyes are different colors! But less clear in other photos.

6. Have to go back and look at them again and again!

7. Yeah, I was wondering about that. Heterochromia or optical illusion due to different background colours?

8. I know it’s weird but the second photo made me think of Messrs Croup and Vandemar from Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere.

9. Dog Lover says:

Two of the most stunning kittehs evah!!

10. I’m pretty sure that photo is half Thing One and half Thing Two. I think?

11. Well, of course it is. In which of the other pictures do you see a cat with a half-gray, half-calico face? It’s a combined photo.

12. JenDeyan says:

I feel silly. I didn’t even notice that. Although something in my brain thought the picture was a little strange…

13. Oh. My. Goodness.. I want a kitty so bad.

14. ditto, signed “also feeling silly”

15. Now I won’t be able to unthink that! It’s perfect.

16. 1. Yes, please hire Caption Bunnehs immediately! Love the concept.
    2. These are fantastic photos.
    3. Is EVERY house in Japan with Scottish Folds completely spotless?!? Seriously.
    4. I have a new Kitteh Crush, don’t tell Maru.

17. Yorekani says:

As far as I know it’s “cultural”. In other words: Japanese people put a lot of value into having a spotless home all the time. I can imagine a lot of tedious work with hairs left behind everywhere… but those two fellows are more than worth that!

18. 4leafclover says:

I thought the exact same thing!! Glad to know I’m not the only one… Still, cute kitties…

19. The third pic where they’re flat on their backs is just… dawwww. And I didn’t see it at first, but notice how they’re crossing feets in the middle?

20. Panda Powa says:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the official blog for these cuties is over here :http://guremike.jp/

According to the owner, these kitties do not have a name yet!

21. :) It’s like those otters that used to sleep/drift with their arms linked… :)

22. I was thinking something more on the order of “What do you think? Next time skip the espresso and the Japanese horror flick?”

23. Alice Shortcake says:

*reaches through screen to pinch the chubby cheeks*

24. 6rabbits says:

Signed, “feeling stupid, need coffee”

25. 6rabbits says:

I would totally fail at being Japanese!

26. 6rabbits says:

My favorite also!

27. Saffron says:

I also thought that! Although the movie would then be called “The Barfing”.

28. What a magnificent display of toe beans!

29. AWW :D I so want to cuddle both kitties :D

30. sotadragon says:

I loff them! :-) Awesome kitteh qteness squared!

31. As they are not named yet, they are actually referred to as “big brother (male gray)” and “younger sister (female calico)” in Japanese, as well as many other funny nicknames. The photos are without a doubt great, but the blog posts by the owner are also wonderful.

As for the cleanliness of their home, I’d like to testify as a native Japanese that not every home in Japan is that spotlessly clean. The owner actually blogs about how she started to clean her house more consciously after she got the cats. Reading the blog posts, the owner works from home, and she’s very concerned about keeping her house clean because she often has her clients over at her house. She also wrote posts about her favorite cleaning products, etc…

32. Where is this blog? We need magical cleaning products!

33. I like the info that I can get a print at Crate and Barrel…and I not-like it at the same time. Product placement, CO? Hm…