Look Me In The Eye When I’m Talking To You, Young Man

Listen, son. If you’re going to grow up to be a strong young flamingo and work at our famous casino and hotel in Las Vegas, you need to pay attention and do what I say!

9201673863_9c743ec626_o
Mama Flamingo lays down the law to her son, Frankie Flamingo. From the San Diego Zoo Tumblr. Photo by Angie B.

Comments

1. Rachael says:

OMG, look at the feets on that little guy!! :)

Mommies are mommies, no matter the species.

2. Yeah, those feets are definitely not the little guys most atrractive feature! He is, however, fluffy and cute and Mommy has such beautiful coloring!

3. I think he’s about to be taken to the shed out back if you know what I mean.

4. Rachael says:

Yeah, none of that “You just wait ’til your father gets home, young man” for this mama. She definitely wears the ummm… pants in this family. :)

5. Saffron says:

A comment from the great Fats Waller

6. SlaveToCat says:

What do you mean that is my son? Based on his coloring, that boy belongs to the milk man.

7. Theresa says:

BACKWARDS KNEES!

8. Agreed, one should stop scrolling down once the wing nublet is reached. :)

9. …and bendy feet…

10. How adorbs is that little downy bowlingball of a body… And the little WING! Daawww.

I’m fascinated by the difference of their eyes. Can baby flamingos’ pupils not contract in strong light the way his mama’s do?

Also, “flamingo” is a great word for a flamingo. Crazy gorgeous!

11. Athena's mom says:

Who knew that baby Flamingos had big feet like puppehs??

12. Birdcage says:

*pushes glasses up nose* I’d like to propose to you that the body part that looks like a “backward knee” is actually an ankle / heel area on the flamingo foot. The knee of a flamingo is further up the body – hidden in the floof, in fact, and not externally visible.

13. Birdcage says:

My behbeh parrot’s eyes started out “all dark” and then changed to a defined iris/pupil look around 1 year of age. Maybe this is a boid thing, and not a flamingo thing?

14. No I don’t think Mom is scolding. I think she
    is saying, ” I love you, my precious baby.
    You are the apple of my eye, and perfect in
    every way. Gimme a kiss.” :)

15. Fird Birfle says: