There is a LOT going on under the waves at First Encounter Beach! Blink, and you might miss it!

Tidal Pool FB from Briana Taylor on Vimeo.

“My boyfriend Jeff Derose made this video for me during our vacation on Cape Cod, MA. in the tidal flats of First Encounter Beach. The music from our friend Mike Langlie of Twink is used by permission. In my humble opinion, this is the cutest hermit footage ever to be seen!” -Briana T. [Agreed. -Ed]

1. So Awesome! Hermies are my favorite sea life :)

2. lisaLASSIE says:

Mine too!! (Well except for turtles.) Delightful crabby music. I had hope that there would be a disclaimer at end; “No crabbies were injured or kept captive in the making of this film”. The other crabs were also nice but the hermies were the best. Including that tiny bebbeh in hoomin’s hand.

3. Put me down! PUT ME DOWN , DAMMEET!

4. Fird Birfle says:

5. Hiya, Firdie! What’s shakin’, bacon? :D

6. Fird Birfle says:

duuuuuude !!!! *high-fives la Therese*

Not much be happ’nin, here in Fla, (of which I”M aware anyhow) ….it looks as though our drama might occur more like Sat/ Sun or so ( acc to the current weather models anyhow). Some heat, but QoD actually has our heat, BEAT so far this month!! JIMINEY CRICKETS !!! So how’s about you? How’s the opera beat goin (see wut Ah did there? :) )
    or is it base-baru season currently????

7. skippymom says:

Hey, Theresa and Fird! Great to see both of you and hello from my many cats.

8. emmberrann says:

Missed you, Ms. Birfle, glad you’re ok.

9. Fird Birfle says:

HI emmberrann miss you too!! How’s things at your residence?

10. emmberrann says:

Ah dunno, ah’m on vacation in NM, home is OH. Things is jes’ peachy keen here, even the weather’s cooperatin’. Havin’ big fun with the fambly. Chillin’. Ahced tea on the deck, you know thet kahnd o’ thang…

11. Alice Shortcake says:

The returned specimens probably lay there in stunned silence for a couple of minutes, then started telling all their friends about how they were abducted by huge pink aliens.

12. AND – THANK YOU!!!!!

13. Fird Birfle says:

*May I have a glitterati dance floor such as the hermies get to use at around the 2 minute mark??* (my time-estimate might be off by a bit; he does a whole moonwalk/ crabwalk sideways saunter thing which KILLS) :)

14. rescue gal says:

That is some amazing footage (except where the inhabitants are rather unceremoniously kerplunked back into their watery homes). Play gently, folks.

15. Horseshoe crab reminds me of a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean
    ( can’t remember which one though)

16. oops I meant which movie not which scene

17. skippymom says:

By the way, I used to live almost next door to where that was filmed!

18. 4leafclover says:

I love this weird little magical world! Accompanied by weird little magical music!!

19. Peeps, peeps! A BAROO! threadjack. Remember Derby, the Trenton Thunder’s (AA) bat dog?

Derby’s dad, Chase, the Thunder’s first, and beloved bat dog, just went to the Rainbow Bridge, at age 13. He was a wonderful dog. Here is some great footage of Chase doing his job:

20. skippymom says:

aww he is wonderful–I hope there is baseball at the Bridge.

21. sabrina rose says:

What a lovely Golden! So happy and proud about doing his job. Many blessings to him as he crosses the Bridge.

22. Theresa says:

I love it when he takes the bat away from the umpire. :-D

23. Laura DragonWench says:

That was adorable, but I loved the next (?) scene, when Chase ran out to the mound after the baseball. You could almost hear the dilemma in his head: “Bat or ball, bat or ball? I’ve got my bat, like a good boy, but, oh, I’d really like that ball!” In the end, and ever the consummate professional, Chase ignores the ball and brings the bat back. Such a good boy! :)

24. Rachael says:

RIP, sweet Chase. I’m sure there is baseball at the Bridge.

25. Theresa says:

I think so too. Just as there must be goggehs.

26. Teeny tiny hermit crab! The video makes me actually think about fighting the redonkulous Cape traffic to see them.

27. skippymom says:

where are you?

28. Just south of Boston, so on a good day (read: not summer time) it would be a over an hour. In the summer time, it’s insane.

29. skippymom says:

I live in Kingston, MA. I used to live in Orleans and various other places on the lower and outer Cape.
    So I know what you’re talking about.

30. Yes, you suffer through the joys of Rte 3 backups. My sister and family live down in Duxbury, and as much as I love visiting my niece, I hate the hour or hour plus it takes to get down to her in the summers from Quincy.

31. Oh wow! Pardon the interruption. Used to live in Kingston, too, down Rocky Nook! In New Bedford now. Used to go up and visit around Plymouth & Kingston as much as I could. Beautiful towns!

32. lds7yrs says:

*Sigh* Landlocked on the prairies here…not even a lake within a decent drive…. *Bigger sigh*.

33. Eeeee, the retracting eye stalks, they keels me!

34. That was so sweet and happy!

35. The plinky toy piano music adds to the joy of crabbiness in a tide pool.

36. Theresa says:

They’re sort of live-action Marcel.the Shells.