THIS JUST IN: Kitten In Crocheted Mushroom Costume

Clipboard01 People, this one was emailed in from Moo sunning lazily on the beach in Hawaii (Must. be. nice.) The subject line said: “Aieeeeeee!”

Well, that’s good enough for me.

What we have here is a rescued kitteh wearing a Crocheted Mushroom Costume. The kitteh’s name is Wasabi-Chan- and she was rescued from an attacking crow! The complete story is here- use Google Chrome to get the translation.

Follow along with The Twitter! ありがとうございました!

Gs3eBpl

Clipboard01

Clipboard01

Comments

1. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

2. Theresa says:

The mushroom is redonk. But the PINK CROCHETED KITTEN-PICKLE???!! 8O

3. SlaveToCat says:

It’s a Grumel straight from Pandaria.

4. What a little sweetie! Glad she is recuperating, and hopefully she will find a loving home.

5. 260Oakley says:

Shiitabby mushroom

6. Jimbeaux says:

I do believe PINK CROCHETED KITTEN-PICKLE will be my new band name.

7. Run Kitty .. I think I seen Mario coming !

8. Mikeyfur says:

Please let me be the first to say NICE ONE Oakley!!!

9. She did – coincidentally, i was reading this just this morning.

10. gail pierson (bunny) says:

I’ll buy your first album! :)

11. elishab says:

Read the backstory, what a lucky little guy! The mushroom and pink pickle are/were to help at feeding time. Truly a sweet story…..God Bless both the kitty and hoomin!

12. Theresa says:

YAY!

13. Hello Katie says:

Every time I see a Grummle now I will think of this kitten. And lol.

14. Theresa says:

Purrcini Mewshroom. :P

15. And she’s snuggling with a big ol’ dog in the 2nd picture! So glad she was recued from that rotten crow.

16. Ok, well while the Kitten’Shroom is totally redonk…how utterREDONK is the side car mushroom?!?!!

17. 260Oakley says:

Splortobello mushroom –a fungus so cute, it makes your head explode.

18. the translation is kind of funny. the person is so thoughtfully concerned about the kitty’s poo! kitty looks like anime.

19. “Dude. Can anyone tell I’m on mushrooms right now?”

20. I didn’t read the English translation but the pink crochet is the pollock roe.

21. HAHAHAHA!!!!

22. Kari Callin says:

BWAHAHAHAHA…..ha ha, okay, so that little one looks…heeheehee….bwahahaha…oh never mind…lololololol

23. I KNOW!!!!!!

24. Theresa says:

Mentaiko? That’s close enough to a pickle. :D

25. What a lucky little baby, not only for being rescute, but having such an awesome grandma to make these costumes. I think all kitties should have the chance to look like a little ‘shroom or tarako (the pink one).

26. Theresa says:

BWAHAHA!

27. Enoki-tty Mushroom

28. There are SOOO many things to love about this post. Among them, the sweet little face on that kitty! OMG.

29. Who thinks of these things? Seriously, just who thinks of mushroom costumes for rescued kittens?

30. Wait!! You missed little Wasabi-chan in an actual crocheted wasabi costume! Can be found on the owner’s Twitter link under the media gallery section. *brain explodes*

31. that cat look and said why me why me?

32. Mrtsmom says:

Once again, the Japanese beat the pants off us in the cute department. Seriously.

33. Got It!! UPDATED!

34. emmberrann says:

Snork! My latte went up my nose, and YOU, 260l, are responsible!

35. emmberrann says:

Oopsthat’s260O.

36. The Original Jane says:

Are we sure it’s a mushroom and not Bob Marley?

37. So adorable… lucky me, I know how to knit… UNlucky me, I don’t have a cat…

38. Omg! Cute Kitty!

39. twocityshibas says:

I surrender to the cuteness… *waving white flag*

40. Rachael says:

Yeah, it was the snuggly boo kitteh with her own personal canine protector that grabbed my heart. What a great story!!!

41. Nobody caught on to the kitteh’s name.
    The kitteh is hot-hot-hot.
    Wasabi-Chan

42. The blog readds it’s supposed to be tarako. :)

43. Isn’t pollock roe tarako? at least that’s what I’ve been thinking the whooooole time.

44. Mamabear says:

WoW reference FTW!

Lok Tar, peeps!

45. Mikeyfur says:

The translation said some people thought it was abusive to put the kitten in the crocheted costumes to feed her. I can’t imagine anyone thought someone who went to so much trouble and made such a loving gesture was being abusive to this baby. It’s adorable in every way.

46. I translated Wasabi-chan’s website and her hoomin posted that they will not be posting anymore pics of her in swaddling outfits because people have been accusing them of abusing Wasabi-chan :(

47. doomchild says:

For the Horde!

48. elishab says:

I have 2 ……I can loan ya one for awhile……just a little while though…….I love ‘em lots! ;)

49. If I interpret the Google translation correctly—granted, a formidable “if”—the resQer’s mom made at least one of the cozies to prevent Wasabi-Chan from chewing on and otherwise disrupting her catheter.

So to the nuffers (most of whom are elsewhere, not here on CO): How is that abuse??

[I am basing this conclusion on the following post: "Because it began to act violently hated the catheter to the time of milk, grandma made ​​us is (꒪ ⌓ ꒪) cod roe wasabi."]

50. That last bit sounds like the basket ingredients on “Chopped.”

51. tiamatsdg says:

Love the pix!

52. Blue Footed Booby says:

Some people are gigantic wet blankets. Even if the kitten was stuffed into those costumes purely for the sake of cute pictures it wouldn’t be abusive because *it’s not actually hurting anything.* I don’t know a single cat owner who hasn’t made their cat weird a dumb outfit on occasion.

Maybe they were reacting to the feeding tube without stopping to figure out what the post was actually saying?

53. Anniefish says:

Friend of the Grummel! kik

54. the pink one is a cod roe, no?

55. 6rabbits says:

Why do people write things like that–especially when they haven’t even tried to find out the back story? This is so uplifting, it just makes my heart melt! <3 Little Wasabi-chan looks SO much better now than in those first sad pictures. Kudos to these wonderful people!

56. Panda Powa says:

According to the rescuer, Wasabi-chan did not like being fed by tube, but it was necessary to swaddle the kitty (that’s why the cute costumes were made!) for it had a small puncture in its throat as well as some oral injuries that prevented Wasabi-chan from eating normally.

The rescuer said that s/he will no longer use a costumer to swaddle the kitten next time because as we all can see, Wasabi-chan is doing much better. =)

57. lisaLASSIE says:

1. Theresa and Nikki: nice mushroom comments. 2. I wonder how many of the people complaining about the costumes have saved the life of tiny kittens and gone to the trouble to tube feed them. Putting an animal in a swaddling outfit during a feeding does not hurt it. (And I actually don’t care to see animals walking around outside in costumes: but let’s concentrate on the kindness of this rescqter. And the tinee tabbee does look excruciatingly cute in those outfits!!!!!.)

58. AWW :D I am so glad the dear sweet little kitty was rescued :D

59. crashnandicoot says:

yes, and calling it a side car mushroom is even more hilarity. I’ve been thinking of this comment for days!

60. Yuri Bell says:

Omigawd. I can’t be any more articulate than that.