Sqwerl Tales

Guppy Momma tells the story.

“After a rainy morning, this squirrel was on a deck railing close to our glass door. It was so close to the camera that I had to zoom out to get the whole squirrel. “

9128473207_cdab94182e_h

“It spent a long time lounging and looking sulky, then it spent a long time grooming and eventually left. At one point we thought the squirrel would fall backwards off the railing.”

9130684768_bf091e89c2_h

TIME FOR A COXCU!

9130686256_d399f80d78_c
Photos taken with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi.

Comments

1. Snorts – some days this little oinker feels the same way. XOXO – Bacon

2. 6rabbits says:

1st pic–I’m pretty sure this is what I look every morning, except withOUT the aura of cute that surrounds this sweetie! *tosses some assorted nuts*

3. Saffron says:

Same here.. Still hot and humid with more to come :( bleh

Love the prosh paws!

4. 4leafclover says:

This is the most disgruntled squirrel I’ve ever seen! In the first pic he’s all “What? No coffee for me? How about a donut–No donut either?” And in the second he’s like “Excuse me? A little privacy please?”

5. CoffeeCup says:

I just want to rub the furry belleh.

6. Little pawsies! Poor little guy looks like he just heard his favorite tv show is getting cancelled.

7. Bettymouse says:

You know it’s hot when the squirrels start melting…

8. CoffeeCup says:

What you mean, no moar Firefly?

Shh..don’t tell him it’s been 10 years.

9. Holy smokes. I’ve been rewatching Buffy, and it’s been 10 years for that one too. Sigh.

10. emmberrann says:

Isn’t that a “skwerl plank” or something?

11. phred's mom says:

There was a squirrel who (which?) would go
    into bear-rug spread on my moss lawn on
    hot days. For ten, fifteen minutes at a time.
    Cutie.

12. Theresa says:

Lewis! No more dishy Hathaway, barooooooo!

13. Somebody had too many doughnuts, they can forget about scampering.

14. 6rabbits says:

In my teens we had a fairly large rock in the flower bed that was mostly in the shade of a tree all day. It was flatish on top and when the weather was deathly humid and hot our poor squirrels would also lay bear-rug-like on it. We kids would put ice cubes in the water dishes and hose down that rock attempting to keep our wild life cool. (We had umpteen bird/animal feeders as well as a corn cob holders for the squirrels and our yard was teeming with fauna! At nite we put out food for the baby raccoons and watched from our picture window. It was awesome!) :-)

15. been seeing the campus skwerls doing the splats lately. wondered what was happenin’. now i know!