Some Sad Fum News Here, People

Remember Fum and Gebra? The kitteh and owl BFF Dynamic Duo we featured back in April? Sad to report that Fum passed away early last month- he was 3 years old. :(

9126342219_c0e3c48e32_c

Comments

1. My heart…it is broken. :( RIP sweet Fum, and I’m sure Gebra is missing you.

2. 3 yrs old? that is way too early. Poor Gebra, lost a special friend.

3. We’re so sad to hear this :(

4. edmundh says:

* sniff *

Fly High, Gebra! For the sky is now where you shall caress the face of your friend in heaven.

5. Oh no! I got much happiness from that video. One of my favorites still!

6. Rachael says:

This is so sad. I felt so priviledged to be able to witness such an extraordinary friendship. Rest in peace, little man. :(

7. Coffee Cup says:

Poor Fum. I’m all weepy in the kitchen now.

8. Janet in Cambridge says:

Fumster. This is wrong. I’m so sad you had kidney troubles. You had a wonderful three years with your little owl friend and humans who loved you. Well, a lot of humans who loved you. RIP, sweetness. I hope Gebra will be all right.

9. sabrina rose says:

Oh noes. Kidney problems at only three. I’m so sorry, so sorry, little Fum. You and your best friend did not deserve such an early parting. My heart hurts for you both.

10. Mikeyfur says:

I’m so so sorry and sad. You left such a sweet legacy and touched many hearts. Happy journey over the Rainbow Bridge, little Fum.

11. Oh no. I’m heartbroken.

12. So so sad. This was such a heartwarming story that I thought would go on for a long while. :( Why do kitties get so many kidney and bladder problems? I’ve had two precious ones taken from me because of their kidneys.

13. Cynthia M says:

So sad.

14. :cry: I have no idea, Country Liv :cry: We (my brother, his male friend and me) lost our dear sweet kitty Smokey to kidney problems August 31, 2010 at the age of 16 :cry: Now we have to treat our dear sweet kitty 15 year old Badger for bladder problems :cry:

15. Talk about your interspecies snorgling! And they can share good times in the trees too.

16. Nykimchi says:

Such sad news. I too lost a kitty after severe bladder issues compounded by other problems. One culprit apparently is that commercial cat food doesn’t contains enough water, especially a cats age and are not as good about drinking water. Some people also speculate that clumping litters contain chemicals that can be harmful but I don’t think that’s been proven yet.

17. Amber Johnson says:

what happened to him? 3 is so young for a cat. I hope it was peaceful. Pretty black kitteh – Blessed Be…

18. Queen of Dork says:

I’d never seen this video until now. I’m sorry to hear about Fum’s passing. Fum surely was a beauty.

19. Yuri Bell says:

Much love for the pair. <3 Fum.